AutoCAD Freestyle

Distinguished Contributor
Exmateria
Message 1 of 18 (1,441 Views)

No way to buy from outside the US?

1441 Views, 17 Replies
04-26-2010 09:15 AM
Apparently, there is no way to buy this software outside the USA. What is the reason and would'nt it be nice to your customers to tell them they can't buy the software *before* they fill all the forms? Just an idea!
Contributor
StephenMark
Message 2 of 18 (1,441 Views)

Re: No way to buy from outside the US?

04-26-2010 01:03 PM in reply to: Exmateria
Agree, I go through the whole entering all my data only to be told at the end it's not available. Why not, it's an electronic download, why can't we buy it from outside of the US? It's on a "special" price at the moment, which I'd like to take advantage of, having used the initial versions a bit.
Board Manager
crounsl
Message 3 of 18 (1,441 Views)

04-26-2010 03:23 PM in reply to: Exmateria
hi -

We all wish that international distribution were easier. First and foremost, we will have the website updated with information about distribution.

If you are outside of the US or Canada, please post your country name on this thread so we can see where we need to focus our efforts.

Thanks for your interest in AutoCAD Freestyle. We are hoping to resolve this soon.

Lisa

Lisa Crounse
Product Manager - AutoCAD Freestyle

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
trevorcsr
Message 4 of 18 (1,441 Views)

05-06-2010 05:12 PM in reply to: Exmateria
Help

I live in the United Kingdom and it appears we are not allowed to use or buy this software for some reason.

Can anyone buy it for me in the U.S or Canada I will refund the fee and any fees payable.

I need this urgently for my business
Board Manager
crounsl
Message 5 of 18 (1,441 Views)

05-10-2010 05:30 PM in reply to: Exmateria
In all fairness, I just want to warn you that this will not work. Our EULA explicitly states that you are not allowed to use the software outside of the jurisdiction where it was purchased. Even if you did get someone to send it to you, the serial number would not work.

We are working hard to expand our distribution for this product - just a few more import/export hurdles to get over.

Lisa

Lisa Crounse
Product Manager - AutoCAD Freestyle

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
trevorcsr
Message 6 of 18 (1,441 Views)

05-11-2010 03:07 PM in reply to: Exmateria
Sorry I don't understand. I was able to download a free trial and on the site it did ask the country I was in - being the UK. Do I take it I must now delete this trial from my computer as I am now acting illegal and cannot keep for the 30 days.

If this is the case I appologize as I did not understand this.

Trevor
Board Manager
crounsl
Message 7 of 18 (1,441 Views)

05-11-2010 03:27 PM in reply to: Exmateria
hi Trevor -

It is okay to use the trial version outside of the US and Canada.

Lisa

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
District6
Message 8 of 18 (1,441 Views)

05-14-2010 01:47 PM in reply to: Exmateria
Hi,

I am from South Africa and obviously have the same question on international availability of the Freestyle product. When will this be available to the international market as I would also like to make use of the current discounted price. I tried to download a trial copy as you indicated that this is allowed, but with no success as I keep on getting back an error indicating unsuccessful installation. Can this not be downloaded to South Africa at all?
Board Manager
crounsl
Message 9 of 18 (1,441 Views)

05-14-2010 02:44 PM in reply to: Exmateria
You should be able to download the trial in South Africa. Can you give me a bit more information about the error message that you are receiving? Did you have the technology preview version installed at any point?

Also, if you want us to add you name to a list that will get notified when we have international availability, please submit your information on this form: https://autocadfreestyle.autodesk.com/feedback

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
District6
Message 10 of 18 (1,442 Views)

05-15-2010 01:31 AM in reply to: Exmateria
Hi Lisa,

Firstly, I did not install the technology preview version at any stage. However, I have a trial copy of both AutoCAD 2010 (expired) and 2010 LT (current) on my computer. Could this have any effect?

Secondly, the error message appears after the "Installation in progress" window pops up and it displays as follows: "Your installation of AutoCAD Freestyle was not successful". I have checked the log file and the log appears as follows:
"Download Eula.
Download Pit.
Download Component AutoCAD Freestyle.
Installing Component AutoCAD Freestyle.
Unzip Error: Failed to open the ZIP file.
Installation of AutoCAD Freestyle exit with code 1603."

Thanks,
District6
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.