AutoCAD Freestyle (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Version Weaker. Looking for Pre-April 26th Version.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
RandySavage
672 Views, 7 Replies

New Version Weaker. Looking for Pre-April 26th Version.

Hi,

I was happily using AustoCAD Freestyle preview and was prepared to purchase it, but after making the suggested update to the new, "improved" version a few days ago, I've noticed that the updated version has a number of bugs or weaknesses that were not present in the earlier version, including:
1. I can't zoom in on a drawing as close as I once could.
2. "Snap to object" feature seems less intuitive and does not always connect to the other line, causing "bleeding" and crashing of the program when using the "fill" feature.
3. Lines of different thickness do not snap together as well.
4. "Save as picture" provides a more blurred, less sharp image than in the earlier version.

In the long story short, is there a way to go back to the far superior earlier version that I was using just last week.

Thanks.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
RandySavage
in reply to: RandySavage

Issues continued.

I've been working on a very large, complex, colorful master plan (2.8MB) and now when I try to open the file, AutoCAD immediately freezes up and has to be force-closed.

Other things I miss from the earlier version: the zoom scroll bar and the menu bar across the top (as opposed to the current drag down).

Again, if the version released on the 26th is Version 2.0, is there a way I can use the Version 1.0 that I was using a week ago? Version 1 was perfect for my needs and I will gladly buy it, while Version 2 is turning out to be a nightmare.
Message 3 of 8
avto

Hello Randy,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with the current version of Freestyle so far.
It appears that your Freestyle user profile got corrupted by the upgrade,
and you are missing the Quick Access Toolbar.
To restore the QAT please follow steps below:

1.Close Freestyle
2.Open Windows Explorer
3.Based on your operating system navigate to:

Windows 7 or Vista
C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Freestyle\R1\enu\Support\Profiles\Unnamed Profile

Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\ your_user_name\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Freestyle\R1
\enu\Support\Profiles\Unnamed Profile

If AppData or Application Data is not visible you will need to enable “Show hidden files and folders” in the Folder Options of Windows Explorer. To enable Show hidden files and folders:

on Windows 7:
Go to Start > Search > type "hidden files" with our quotes in the search dialog box and hit key.
Folder Options window opens, please select 'Show hidden files, folders, and drives' radio button

Windows Vista
Go to Start > Control Panel > Folder Options.
On the View tab, under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.

Windows XP:
Go to Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Themes, and click Folder Options.
On the View tab, under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.

4.Rename profile.aws to profileORG.aws
5.Launch Freestyle

Once Freestyle opens, go to Options > General Settings and under Graphic Display
make sure that 'Use hardware acceleration for better performance' in unchecked.
Then go to F > Open and open the file that freezes Freestyle.

If AutoCAD Freestyle still freezes, please provide the file.

Regarding your comments and comparisons between the current version and AutoCAD Freestyle preview, please submit the feedback form below

http://autocadfreestyle.autodesk.com/feedback

Regards,

Avto Chachava, Autodesk Product Support

Edited by: avto on Apr 29, 2010 8:20 AM

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 8
crounsl

hi Randy -

Please feel free to contact me directly at lisa.crounse at autodesk.com. I'd like to go through these issues with you as obviously, this is not the experience we are looking for you to have.

Lisa

Lisa Crounse

Lisa Crounse
Product Manager - AutoCAD Freestyle

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
Message 5 of 8
RandySavage

Thanks for the reply.

I was able to restore the QAT by following your instructions..

However, whenever I try to open the large (2.7MB) drawing, it freezes. Where should I send the file?
Message 6 of 8
RandySavage

Also, is there any way for me to download and return to using the "preview" version, rather than the "launch" version?
Message 7 of 8
crounsl

hi -

If this is the same file that you sent me earlier, I have already circulated it with our testing team. (I was responding to your e-mail when I saw this post).

The issues that you are experiencing have to do with the fact that you created this file in the Technology Preview version of the product. Some of the work that we did in making the full release have implications on what happens with files from the technology preview version. I am working to see what we can do to get you a build of the older version so that you can finish your project.

Have you started any projects from scratch in the new build yet? We would be interested to hear what happens when you do that - if things are behaving as you expect, etc.

Lisa

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
Message 8 of 8
RandySavage

Hi Lisa,

Yes it is the same.

All of my files are were started in the preview version. I have yet to start one in the new build. I will let you know how that experience goes.

It would be GREAT if I could get a build of the older version to finish my projects. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report