Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Like it only downloaded part of the program

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cdeck78
597 Views, 1 Reply

Like it only downloaded part of the program

I downloaded the trial the other day but when it opens all i get is a grey background whit a white square with lines on it like a peice of graph paper.  I do have a box in the upper left corner with an f in it but clicking on it does nothing.  there is no other boxes to the right of the f like a new or save or open or back or anything that would normaly go there.  so i uninstalled the trial thinking it was just the trial and i just bought the program and re-installed it and registered it and everything and still nothing plus when you move the pointer around aon the screen it dissapeares like it goes behind the paper.  there is a red x on the right side but clicking it just asks if i want to save changes and then closes the paper.  i've tried rebooting the computer but same crap.  getting angry  i'm running vista and computer meets all the min req's

thanks for your time

chris

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
avto
in reply to: cdeck78

Hi Chris,

Sorry to hear that you are having troubles running Freestyle.

Please be aware that even though AutoCAD Freestyle is an easy to use entry level program, certain minimum system and display requirements still need to be met to run and function correctly.  Display devices must be able to support Pixel Shader 3.0 and DirectX 9.0. As a rule of thumb, graphics cards that are supported for AutoCAD will work well for AutoCAD Freestyle. A list of these supported cards can be found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/hc?siteID=123112&id=6711853

Often times running Freestyle with /nohardware switch helps with display issues. Here is the link from our forum explaining how to set the switch.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Freestyle/Freestyle-crashes-at-start-up/td-p/2692096

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Avto

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report