Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Scale Drawing or Map

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Junior950
539 Views, 1 Reply

Large Scale Drawing or Map

AutoCAD Freestyle seems to be a terrific product. I would like to use it to create a plan to irrigate a farm field. The plan itself is quite simple, much simpler than drawing a house since all that is involved is some very widely spaced pipeline, a pond and a couple of pumps. The problem is that the scale is big. One property line dimension is approximately 3000 feet.

If I just divide everything by ten it can be a little confusing. Is there any alternative? Would the much more expensive program be needed?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
yschober
in reply to: Junior950

I think your idea of dividing everything by 10 is a great idea. Just choose the largest paper size (Arch B) and drawing are (1800x1200 Feet) and size eveything 10 times smaller, so 3000 feet become 300 ft etc. It's easy to add the extra '0' in your head to make the conversion. Note that if you use any of the pre-made symbols from the sybmols library, you will have to scale them down by a factor of 10 as well. The easiest way to do that is to select the symbol, then right-click and select Scale > Enter Custom Scale and enter 10%.

Alternatively, you could change your units to 'metric' and use 3000 mm instead of feet, which will defintely fit on the page.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report