Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
659 Views, 3 Replies

Issue with Fill

I have just purchased on May 22 and I am just testing various aspects

1. I have had several freeze-ups when using the fill tools - is this a known fault
2. Question why I need to adjust pattern only at the tool of the tool bar and not in the Fill Library functionally the
fill settings block allows all the function needed and seems to act independently.
3. When placing a symbol on a space that is not filled it does not fill when color is added
But when placed in an area with fill it sometimes disappears and in other places lays on top
Is there a toggle to set forward-backward hierarchy?
4. Can sub-layers be toggled for visibility?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
avto
in reply to: Anonymous

1.The freeze-up issues typically related to graphics card and driver versions; please check your graphics card against Autodesk Certified Graphics Hardware List.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/hc?siteID=123112&id=6711853

You can also try turning off ‘Use hardware acceleration for better performance’ under Options > General Settings window.

2. Fill Style is a tool that works on a Fill Library item. Thus they are two different components of Freestyle.

3.You can control drawing order by right clicking an object then selecting Draw Order > Bring to Front or Send to Back.

4.In the layer pallet, select and expand the layer you are working on, then by toggling a light bulb icon you can control a desired sub-layer visibility.

Regards,
Avto Chachava, Autodesk Product Support

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the quick reply

Have spent more time working with it and have been having better results

Based on my AutoCAD experience the items i would like to see on a wish list would be the ability to "group" items for rotation and relocation together.

Another nice item would be offset which would speed up some work event though there are work arounds.

Basically I'm thrilled with the "less is more" aspect of this program - Great work so far - hope future improvements do not destroy that part of this tool.
Message 4 of 4
crounsl

Glad to hear that you are having better results with Freestyle.

I will log your feature requests on our wishlist. You can also post ideas and vote for other user's ideas on our community site - https://autocadfreestyle.autodesk.com/wishlist. We've received a lot of requests for offset, yet for some reason it hasn't bubbled up in the voting on that site.

Our team agrees with you on the "less is more" statement. We're being very careful to balance simplicity with adding features and functionality that will be useful. Please keep the feedback coming!

Lisa

Lisa Crounse
Product Manager - AutoCAD Freestyle

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report