Did you mean: 

Installation of AutoCAD Freestyle exit with code 1603

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
avto
5116 Views, 24 Replies

Installation of AutoCAD Freestyle exit with code 1603

Error 1603 typically indicates that there was a failure during the installation, but in most cases this error message is not useful for providing an accurate diagnosis of the installation problem.

The 1603 error means that there is a resource in use. First, start the installer after a reboot. This could be because of an installation/update action that might have occurred since the last reboot.

Since permissions are sometimes associated with this error, once system restarts, please make sure you are logged in with the local system admin account. And for Windows Vista and Windows 7 try disabling UAC.

Quit all background applications as they often make use of files and prevent them from being accessed by Freestyle installer.

Empty your TEMP folder, as in TEMP folder Freestyle installer extracts its content and downloads needed prerequisites. To open TEMP folder, in the address bar of Windows explorer type %TEMP% and hit Enter key.

Disable your antivirus software and try installing Freestyle.

I hope this helps, and if not, please update the thread.

Thank you for your interest in Freestyle.

Avto Chachava,
Autodesk Product Support

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
avto
in reply to: kenage

You can use your SN and the product key, but I would install Freestyle as trial and activate it later.

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 22 of 25
kenage
in reply to: avto

Tried to install using the free trial and got the same error code. The log says the exact same thing as the log when I tried to install using the DVD. Any other tips?

Message 23 of 25
avto

Just to see if the error 1603 is caused by installing Freestyle prerequisites, could you try the following?

On the root of the Freestyle installation media, x86\support folder contains Freestyle prerequisites, please try installing them one by one and if you receive an error please take a screen shot and attach to the thread.

e.g.

To install .NET, double click on

x86\support\dotnetfx\wcu\dotNetFramework\dotNetFx35setup.exe

To install DirectX, double click on

x86\support\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe

To install Microsoft XML parser, double click on

x86\support\msxml\msxml6.msi

To install MS Visual C++ 2008 redistributable, double click on

x86\support\VCRedist\2008\x86\ install.exe

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 24 of 25
kenage
in reply to: avto

All of them installed with no problem. I re-started the computer and tried to install Freestyle and it gives me the same message with the same log info as before.

Message 25 of 25
avto

Thanks for the update and sorry for the delayed reply I thought I had replied to you earlier.

Now we know that the error is not related to installing prerequisites.

Can you try installing Freestyle in Windows diagnostic startup mode?

You can do so by going to the Start menu > Run > type msconfig in the open dialog box and click Ok.  Now on the General tab of the System Configuration Utility box, select the Diagnostic Startup options and click OK.  When prompted restart Windows and try installing Freestyle.

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report