Did you mean: 

Installation of AutoCAD Freestyle exit with code 1603

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
avto
5112 Views, 24 Replies

Installation of AutoCAD Freestyle exit with code 1603

Error 1603 typically indicates that there was a failure during the installation, but in most cases this error message is not useful for providing an accurate diagnosis of the installation problem.

The 1603 error means that there is a resource in use. First, start the installer after a reboot. This could be because of an installation/update action that might have occurred since the last reboot.

Since permissions are sometimes associated with this error, once system restarts, please make sure you are logged in with the local system admin account. And for Windows Vista and Windows 7 try disabling UAC.

Quit all background applications as they often make use of files and prevent them from being accessed by Freestyle installer.

Empty your TEMP folder, as in TEMP folder Freestyle installer extracts its content and downloads needed prerequisites. To open TEMP folder, in the address bar of Windows explorer type %TEMP% and hit Enter key.

Disable your antivirus software and try installing Freestyle.

I hope this helps, and if not, please update the thread.

Thank you for your interest in Freestyle.

Avto Chachava,
Autodesk Product Support

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
racoscarelli
in reply to: avto

Thank you for your response and I will try re-installing as you have directed. One problem though, in a need to use this program I successfully installed Freestyle on my laptop (Windows 7) with no problem. Will AutoCad allow me to install this software on two pcs as long as I do not use the program concurrently?

Rick
Message 3 of 25
avto

Based on the End User License Agreement you can only install and activate Freestyle on one computer.
EULA for Freestyle is the same as for AutoCAD, please refer to the section 2.2.1

http://usa.autodesk.com/company/legal-notices-trademarks/software-license-agreements

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 25
racoscarelli

Followed your directions, disabled all virus scan software, terminated as many background jobs as possible, deleted TEMP files still get:
2010/6/3:18:17:43 Rick Coscarelli RICK-29YRU0HLZV === Setup started on RICK-29YRU0HLZV by Rick Coscarelli ===
2010/6/3:18:17:43 Rick Coscarelli RICK-29YRU0HLZV Eula files found on Media.
2010/6/3:18:17:43 Rick Coscarelli RICK-29YRU0HLZV Pit files found on Media.
2010/6/3:18:18:09 Rick Coscarelli RICK-29YRU0HLZV Component AutoCAD Freestyle found on Media.
2010/6/3:18:18:10 Rick Coscarelli RICK-29YRU0HLZV Installing Component AutoCAD Freestyle.
2010/6/3:18:18:13 Rick Coscarelli RICK-29YRU0HLZV Installation of AutoCAD Freestyle exit with code 1603.

I was installing from a disc that Lisa sent me.

Running XP Pro
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name RICK-29YRU0HLZV
System Manufacturer Compaq Presario 061
System Model PJ518AA-ABA SR1230NX NA440
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2199 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 3.11, 9/2/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name RICK-29YRU0HLZV\Rick Coscarelli
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 362.19 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.26 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Rick Coscarelli
Message 5 of 25
avto

Hi Rick,

Can you please try copying the content of the installation DVD to a tem folder (e.g. c:\FRinstall) on your hard drive and then run AcadFreestyleSetup.exe from the folder.

In this way we can exclude possible issues with optical disk drives drivers.

Regards,
Avto

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 25
bygary

I downloaded freestyle to a "save file" in my "Program \AUTODesk" folder.

I have since attempted to install from the folder with everything including the internet closed (I realize the program can still access DSL Internet port). I get the same response text error codes.

2010/6/21:14:22:01 Ann Schilling ANN-GARY === Setup started on ANN-GARY by Ann Schilling ===
2010/6/21:14:22:02 Ann Schilling ANN-GARY   Download Eula.
2010/6/21:14:22:02 Ann Schilling ANN-GARY   Download Pit.
2010/6/21:14:22:12 Ann Schilling ANN-GARY   Download Component AutoCAD Freestyle.
2010/6/21:14:24:27 Ann Schilling ANN-GARY   Installing Component AutoCAD Freestyle.
2010/6/21:14:26:54 Ann Schilling ANN-GARY   Installation of AutoCAD Freestyle exit with code 1603.

I'm not a computer guru, but understand a few of the basics.

Message 7 of 25
avto
in reply to: bygary

Please note that you need to have an open Internet connection during Freestyle installation.

Freestyle installer (the file you downloaded) must have an uninterruptable connection to our server, so that all the necessary prerequisites and the program binaries to be installed successfully over the internet.  Thus during the Freestyle installation, we suggest disabling internet security apps and antivirus, as they are known to block installing certain dll files.  Please also make sure that you are installing Freestyle from your system administrator account.

In past, I remember a user with a DSL light connection, was getting the same error (1603) when trying to install Freestyle.  He ended up going to a local library and install Freestyle successfully through high speed wireless connection.  Perhaps you can try the same.

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 25
bygary

I talked with the trail sales dept and they indicate my problem may be not enough RAM ( I have 512MB + (2 x 128)MB). He said Sys Req is 1 GB. So I guess I must give up on freelstyle at this point.

However, I am using Quick CAD 8 and have a problem with the rotate function. I can select the group and select the rotate point, but when I click rotate the selected group rotates about 8+ degrees even though the rotate angle is set ror 45, 30, 90 or whatever. The free rotate handle isn't there. Any sugestions? I've had the program for several years, but haven't used it having AutoCAD 2002 to work with. A virus disabled my computer and 2002 is gone to bit heaven. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

bygary

Message 9 of 25
ashbagash

Section 3.1.2 is the one where it explicitly specifies that one additional installation may be used, with the stated limitations.

So essentially you may have 2 installations and have the product activated on 2 computers with only 1 user, correct?

Message 10 of 25
bygary

No. I have tried to install it on one computer twice and was completely unsuccessful both times and will not be able to use it at all. If 1 GB of Ram is required, may never be able to install it or use it. Gary

Message 11 of 25
avto
in reply to: bygary

Here is the link to the post about recommended system specifications for Freestyle.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Freestyle/Graphics-hardware-recommendation-for-Freestyle/m-p/2...

thanks,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 12 of 25
moses388

I am getting the 1603 error as well. Here is the setup log excerpt:

Download Eula.

Download Pit.

Download Component DirectX 10.0 runtime.

Download Component AutoCAD Freestyle.

Unzip Error: Failed to open the ZIP file.

Installation of DirectX 10.0 runtime exit with code 1603.

Installation Error: Setup was cancelled

Using the dxdiag.exe tool I am able to determine that I have DirectX 11 installed on my computer. Why does AutoCAD need to install DirectX 10? Is there a way I can install only the AutoCAD Freestyle program files?

A couple of the prerequisites the AutoCAD installer downloads are Visual C++ 2008 and the DirectX 10.0 runtime. But if my computer has Visual C++ 2010 and DirectX 11 installed, do I really need the older versions?

Message 13 of 25
avto
in reply to: moses388

You still need Visual C++ 2008 redistributables, but not DX 10.

Please make sure that you are logged in with a local system administrator’s account and then try the following:

Got to Start > Run and type msconfig in the open dialog box, then hit Enter key

System Configuration Utility window opens.

Under General select “selective start up” radio button

Click on Services tab, and select ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ check box, to hide MS services.

Click on “Disable all” button (note, if you have Nvidia Display Driver Service” you can keep it running)

Clear ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ check box

Clear “Windows firewall/internet connection sharing” check box

Click Apply, Close and restart the computer

Now try installing Freestyle again.

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 14 of 25
mtc765

what about section 3.1.2 Use Away from Usual Work Location

Message 15 of 25
avto
in reply to: mtc765

You can install Freestyle on two deferent workstations with your serial number, but you should not open Freestyle on both machines concurrently.

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 16 of 25
damian.b.smith

Yesterday, I encountered this error on two separate installations of the free trial.  My troubleshooting led me to discover that my installation failure was occuring during the download/installation of Microsoft's .net Framework 3.5 SP1.  I went to their site to download and install directly, and encountered failed attempts to connect to their server.  Their installer only makes 5 attempts to connect and quits.

My solution was to download the full installation version, 231MB, and install it locally on each machine.  Once I successfully loaded the .net framework and attempted the Freestyle installation, the Freestyle installation picked up at the Direct X install and completed successfully.  While this may not be the solution to everyone's problem, it definitely solved mine, yesterday.

Message 17 of 25
crounsl

Glad to hear that you were able to install.  Thanks for posting your solution. 

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
Message 18 of 25
kenage

Hello. I just purchased the disk version of Autocad Freestyle. I keep getting the 1603 error code. I have tried all the solutions that have been posted. Here is the message:

2010/10/4:22:31:24 EthanG ETHAN === Setup started on ETHAN by EthanG ===
2010/10/4:22:31:24 EthanG ETHAN   Eula files found on Media.
2010/10/4:22:31:24 EthanG ETHAN   Pit files found on Media.
2010/10/4:22:31:55 EthanG ETHAN   Component AutoCAD Freestyle found on Media.
2010/10/4:22:31:56 EthanG ETHAN   Installing Component AutoCAD Freestyle.
2010/10/4:22:32:00 EthanG ETHAN   Installation of AutoCAD Freestyle exit with code 1603.
2010/10/4:22:32:38 EthanG ETHAN === Setup ended ===

My computer is an 1.0 Ghz Athlon Computer with 1 GB of Ram with 109 GB of free HD space.

I am running windows XP with Service Pack 3.

The video card is a ATI Radeon 7000 AGP card.

I hope someone can help me install this program. Thanks.

Message 19 of 25
avto
in reply to: kenage

Sorry to hear that you are having troubles installing Freestyle.

Unfortunately, from the error log it is unclear at what stage Freestyle installation fails.  When you are installing Freestyle, do you see the installation screen that lists the sequence of dependences Freestyle is installing at a time?  If you see it can you take a screen shot and attach it to the thread?

Could you confirm that you have disabled your internet security application, antivirus and you do not have a background application (e.g. Internet Explorer) running, you have tried copying Freestyle installation media content to a folder on your local hard drive and run setup.exe from there?

Just in case you have got a bad disk, have you tried installing Freestyle from the trial download?

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 20 of 25
kenage

The log file I posted is what is says all the time. It never says anything about installing components. I have tried it multi times. Making sure to shut down all the non-needed aps, have an active internet connection, make sure I am the admin account and everything else posted in this thread. I also did try an install after copying dvd to the disk drive and the same error happens.

If I download the trial software do I just have to input the serial number and product key I got with my software will it work or do I have to get another one from Autodesk?

Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report