4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Tim_W
858 Views, 4 Replies

Installation failure 1619

Hello,
I'm trying to install Project Cooper.
Windows XP SP2 in the UK.
Following various errors, I have upgraded DirectX and the upgraded the installer WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe per a thread which is no longer on the forum.

I now get the error "An error occurred installing the package. Windows installer returned '1619'"

Where next?

Tim.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Tim_W
in reply to: Tim_W

Correction Windows XP SP3.
Message 3 of 5
HeinzBaumann

Hello Tim,

sorry to hear that you have trouble with installing our Technolgy Preview. The error 1619 indicates that one of the required install packages was not found by the bootstrap install. In order to help with debugging this problem, may I ask you from which URL you have download the projectcoopersetup.exe and when you have download it. Also when the install is running can you capture what the install screen is reporting? That screen might be behind the error dialog you are getting.

Thanks
Heinz
Message 4 of 5
Tim_W

Hello Heinz,

The download was from http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=14039495&siteID=123112 and http://download.autodesk.com for the ProjectCooperSetuo.exe file.
The main installation file was then downloaded from 92.123.154.33
I've attached a Word file with the error windows.

Having downloaded the main installation file once, the setup programme does not download it again. Where would I find it so that I can delete it and try the whole process again? I don't see it in windows/temp.

Tim.
Message 5 of 5
HeinzBaumann

Hello Tim,

the install packages are download into the browser's cache folder. With IE this would be something like this on XP: c:\document and settings\\application data\\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\... The Cooper install file has a file name starting with Cooper*.zip. The bootstrap executable name is projectcoopersetup.exe.

Thanks
Heinz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report