Did you mean: 

Heidi Module Load Error

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kittssd
23071 Views, 3 Replies

Heidi Module Load Error

I loaded AutoCAD Freestyle last night, Monday, 12/27/2010 from a CD.  When I start the program I get an error message that says "Heidi Module Load Error", "The configured Heidi Driver cannot be loaded - switching to default software driver".  I am using NVIDIA GeForce 315 with the newest driver (just upgraded today, 12/28/2010).  I reset my resolution to 1280 x 768 and I checked to make sure the "Direct Draw Acceleration" is enabled.  I am running Windows 7 Professional on a HP Pavillion Elite 410t.  Any ideas why the Heidi Driver won't load?

Thanks

Stephen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
avto
in reply to: kittssd

Please try disabling Hardware Acceleration by starting Freestyle with /nohardware switch:

1. Right-click the freestyle icon on your desktop > Properties

2. By default the Target is: "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Freestyle\acadfs.exe" 

3. Add a space and then /nohardware at the end, so the new Target would be: 

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Freestyle\acadfs.exe" /nohardware

4. Apply > OK > Re-launch Freestyle

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
kittssd

Thanks.  The error message went away.  I tried a cut and paste operation between two drawings, which worked before but doesn't now.  I'll have to relearn some operations or maybe switch back.

Thanks Again

Stephen

Message 4 of 4
charlie128

I got a similar message and now the AutoCAD 2011 window does not respond to the mouse.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report