Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Files not opening correctly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
758 Views, 1 Reply

DWG Files not opening correctly

I have a DWG file that I can open with DWG TrueView and other third party applications. When I try to open it with Freestyle so I can make changes, I see messages flashing at the bottom that it can't find AECarchbase, AECstructurebase, etc. When it finally finishes opening the file, I see rough outlines of the drawing but when I zoom in the lines are just big blobs that look like crayon interpretations of the actual drawings.

When I open the DWG file in other software and select portions to save as DXF format, Freestyle can then open the DXF file and it looks fine, but the cursor flashes and error messages continually flash ** command not allowed in Model Tab ** . I can't do anything on the drawing but I can cursor over toolbars, etc just fine and the drawing appears correct.

Can anyone explain? I've been trying for hours and am extremely frustrated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
crounsl
in reply to: Anonymous

hi -

If you could send the file directly to me lisa.crounse at autodesk.com, I will have someone on our testing team take a look at the file.  Also, if you could let us know what product (and version) the DWG came from that can help us as well.

BTW - you will only be able to view the drawing in AutoCAD Freestyle as Freestyle does not allow for the diting of DWG files from other applications.  If you want to edit and make changes to the drawing file, we reccommend that you use AutoCAD LT.

Lisa

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report