cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13
JT3000
552 Views, 12 Replies

Can't Install

Hi I have been trying to install Cooper Project.

Installation goes through the download process and then I get the following error message:

"Project Cooper failed to install:"

I have checked the windows/temp folder for an error log but can't find anything.
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: JT3000

what version of windows are you using? Do you have any firewalls or
anti-virus programs running?

"JT3000" wrote in message news:6304118@discussion.autodesk.com...
> Hi I have been trying to install Cooper Project.
>
> Installation goes through the download process and then I get the
> following error message:
>
> "Project Cooper failed to install:"
>
> I have checked the windows/temp folder for an error log but can't find
> anything.
Message 3 of 13
JT3000

Running: Windows XP (Service pack 3)

Antivirus software is NOD32 and using built in windows firewall

This has been installed on other computers in the office without trouble and they are running these also.

I have tried an install with NOD32 disabled to no effect.

Cheers
Message 4 of 13
yschober

Thank you very much for the additional information. Do you know what graphics card your computer has?

Thanks,
Yan
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

Perhaps a failed download? The download from the labs site is just an
installer that then downloads the the program/extracts/installs Cooper.
What is your internet connection like?

"jt3000" wrote in message news:6304600@discussion.autodesk.com...
> Running: Windows XP (Service pack 3)
>
> Antivirus software is NOD32 and using built in windows firewall
>
> This has been installed on other computers in the office without trouble
> and they are running these also.
>
> I have tried an install with NOD32 disabled to no effect.
>
> Cheers
Message 6 of 13
JT3000

I doubt its the internet connection. Never had any issues.

I understand that the downloaded setup file from Autodesk starts downloading the program. The setup gets through the program download, starts to install and then gives installation failed error message.

In reply to the other post: Geforce FX5700. I doubt this would affect my ability to install the program though.

As stated before other people in the office have had no issues installing and running the program on similar machines
Message 7 of 13
JT3000

Anyone at Autodesk able to help with this please?
Message 8 of 13
mwn
Community Manager

Hello,

The install log file is located at C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp. Your video card is most likely not the problem. Can you check and see if the log file is located in this directory?

Michael Nauman
Project Cooper Testing Lead
“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 9 of 13
JT3000

log file attached, doesnt appear to have a lot of information in it though.
Message 10 of 13
mwn
Community Manager

Thanks, unfortunately the log file doesn't help much. Can you confirm that the download completed but failed during the install? If so there should be a file called COOPER.zip in your Temporary Internet Files. The path would be similar to:

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\...

If you have this file you could unzip it and then double click the setup.exe. This isn't a very good solution and we are working on the install functionality but it should hopefully get up up and running.

-mike
“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 11 of 13
JT3000

Thanks

I located the zip file, extracted it and ran the setup. I received the first error message shown in the attachment. I then went to the MS website and downloaded the windows installer mentioned in the error message. Restarted pc and ran setup again. Then received the second error message in the attachment.
Message 12 of 13
mwn
Community Manager

Ok now we are making progress. Looking at the error message it would appear that you need to install Microsoft Core XLM services in addition to the installer, here is the link to it.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=993c0bcf-3bcf-4009-be21-27e85e1857b1&displaylang=en

Try installing this then run the Cooper install. Thanks for all the feedback and your patience.
-mike
Message 13 of 13
JT3000

Hello again

I had to uninstall msxml6 sp2 in order to install msxml6 then tried to run setup received msxml6 error again. I then created the directory tree shown in the error message and setup initialised successfully. Unfortunately i then received the attached error about processor compatibility.

I have also attached system information showing CPU type.

Thanks for the assistance so far Edited by: jt3000 on Dec 17, 2009 7:28 PM

Have check the other office computers with Project Cooper installed and they are running a 64bit processor which i believe is SSE2 compliant. Appears i have wasted some time. Thanks again for the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report