Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change page size

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
gmfocus
688 Views, 5 Replies

Can't change page size

I've opened a dwg drawing supplied by a vendor into a trial version of AutoCAD Freestyle. I've added some information to the drawing and would like to export it to pdf to send to a customer. When I do so, only the extreme bottom left hand corner of the drawing gets exported. Obviously the original drawing that I imported was a larger paper size than the pdf outlet settings. When I go to the "Options" dialogue the "Drawing Size" option is grayed out. I can't find a way to change the pdf paper size settings nor can I see what the actual size really is.

I am using the trial version right now and this is the only thing that we plan on doing at this point with the program. Is this a limitation of the trial version or is the issue that I am opening a dwg file that wasn't created in Freestyle?

Also of note, I am unable to edit the original drawing at all. The layers are simply lumped together in the "Layers" pallet within a non-editable layers grouping.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
avto
in reply to: gmfocus

Thank you for your interest in Freestyle.
Yes, you are experiencing these limitations because you are operating on a dwg file that was not created in Freestyle.

Freestyle will not let you modify original drawings nor change the drawing size in dwg files created in other programs, as you mentioned Freestyle will show original drawings in a non-editable layers grouping and the Options dialog will have the original drawing properties grayed out.
You can add notes though; Freestyle will save your notes on a separate layer.

I’m bit intrigued by the problems your are having with saving your dwg file in pdf.
Would you be able to provide us your dwg file so that we can have a look at it?

Regards,
Avto Chachava, Autodesk Product Support

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
gmfocus

Thanks for the fast response. Within the attached zip file is the edited dwg and my attempt to pdf it. You can see where the problem is.
Message 4 of 6
yschober

Thank you very much for sending us the file - I have forwarded it to our engineers so they can take a closer look.
Message 5 of 6
gmfocus

Just wondering if there have been any solutions to this issue?
Message 6 of 6
yschober

It looks like we are inheriting the page setup that was saved with the file in AutoCAD. This is not the behavior that we want so our testing team has logged this as a priority defect and our engineers are looking into a fix.

Thanks again for sending us the file and uncovering this problem!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report