Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not load plcfmgr.dll

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tendring
3786 Views, 4 Replies

can not load plcfmgr.dll

Have down loaded three times the trial version of AutoCAD Freestyle the last attempt with firewall and AV off however the same message is given before the programme closes via a polite message the we have a problem!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
avto
in reply to: tendring

Typically this error occurs when the Windows dll prntvpt.dll is missing or corrupt.

The following hotfix from Microsoft includes a copy of the affected DLL, therefore after installing this hotfix you should not experience the problem anymore:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971276

Please note:  This hotfix was developed by Microsoft to address a different issue. If you are not sure if this hotfix is suitable for your system, please contact Microsoft Support.

While this fix should resolve the issue you experienced in AutoCAD, it is also highly recommended that you investigate what caused the DLL to become damaged or missing on your machine.

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
tendring
in reply to: avto

Update for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB971276) this fix dose not work on XP x32 Edition

Message 4 of 5
avto
in reply to: tendring

here is the link to KB971276 for Windows XP 32-bit

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=a005d603-103e-4a73-bcce-0b90dc9e63db&dis...

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 5
tendring
in reply to: avto

thanks this worked

however i am out of the trial period can you extend this for me? as i have been unable to purchase a copy via the internet ...AutoCAD don't  or will not ship to the UK

As I am an education establishment may you could just give me the log in codes free of charge!

thanks

Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report