Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Freestyle no longer available for purchase

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
crounsl
6897 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD Freestyle no longer available for purchase

As of January 31, 2011, AutoCAD® Freestyle software has been discontinued and is no longer available for purchase.  As an AutoCAD Freestyle customer, you will continue to have access to product support through this discussion group until March 31, 2011.  After that time, this will become a peer-to-peer forum.

We recommend that you try the following options to meet your design needs:

AutoCAD WS Web and Mobile App
AutoCAD® WS free* web and mobile application to view, edit, and share DWG files with anyone, anywhere. You can upload your existing AutoCAD Freestyle DWG files to AutoCAD WS, and use the mobile application to share your designs with colleagues and design professionals directly on their iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod® touch.

Autodesk Homestyler
Autodesk® Homestyler™ free* online home design software brings your interior design plans and remodeling dreams to life. Easy drag and drop, brand name products, and 3D views make using Autodesk Homestyler the best way to start your next home design project.  It's free*, completely web-based, and instantly accessible online.

AutoCAD LT

AutoCAD LT® drafting and detailing software is the professional choice for data compatibility, reliability, and productivity.  Accurately and efficiently document and share designs with the software’s powerful 2D drawing tools.  Genuine DWG TM file format compatibility provides optimum stability and facilitates collaboration. 

*Free products and services are subject to the terms of use that accompany them.

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
brennyboy
in reply to: crounsl

Why???

Will it ever return?

This Autodesk experience has been an unpleasant one for me. 

Firstly I needed a simple CAD like program to prepare accurate but simple drawings in our landscaping business.

After much searching I found Freestyle and downloaded the trial here in Australia.  The program was everything I needed, exactly. 

The I find that I cannot purchase the licenced copy because I live in Australia!  How strange.  Almost all other major software is available for purchase here, why not Autodesk?  So I waited, hoping that some licensing issues would be resolved and that finally I could purchase a copy and be on my way.

Now we are told that this excellent program, one that in my view would sell really well all over the world, is to be discontinued!  Almost before it began.  What's going on at Autodesk?

I now have to be content with a bunch of alternative programs, none of which do what Freestyle did perfectly.

Any explaination would be really appreciated.  Any news of what is to become of this program would be good too.

Kind regards

Brendan

Message 3 of 7
debrady

Lisa,  I purchased Freestyle, couldn't get the bootstrap to work.  I just tried to go to the store to see if I could get a CD, and the site is not available.

When I ordered the product, I don't recall an option to purchase a CD (I almost slways do when offered).  I've purchased a product from AutoCAD that I've never been able to use because of a defective download/bootloader.  Since the product is no longer sold, the only thing I can do is ask for a full CD to avoid the bootloader problem. I will ber glad to pay shipping/handling, but without a CD to install from...............

Regards

D Brady

Customer 05601308108

Order 10142332314

Message 4 of 7
crounsl

Please contact me directly at lisa.crounse at autodesk.com, with your mailing address and I will send you a thumbdrive with the software on it.

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager
Message 5 of 7
mccreadavid

hi i purchased this product and can redownloasd it for some reason it is not on my computer how do i redownload the software 

Message 6 of 7
awscm

wow, I bought the software on 1-10-11, and then you discontinue it 20 days later.

Now I can;t downlaod and re-install even though I have the product key and serial numbers.

and NO EMAIL to let me know it was being discontinued.  Tell me again, why do we register software?  and why wouldn't you at least send a email so that I could saved the file to a CD in case of an issue?

Not good customer service.

Message 7 of 7
crounsl
in reply to: awscm

hi - Please contact me at the e-mail address referenced above and we'll see what we can do to help you out.

Lisa Crounse
Sr. Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report