Did you mean: 

Unable to draw normal perpendicular line

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1637 Views, 2 Replies

Unable to draw normal perpendicular line

Hello!

I have problem with drawing perpendicular line. I was till few days ago using AutoCad 2014 on windows and everything was working great. Now i continued drawing my project on iMac in AutoCad 2014 and now i can't draw this line. 

First problem is that when i want to do perpendicular line between two lines that are not horizontal or vertical, if OBJECT SNAP is on, i can't even start the line from some point (that i want, no matter where and if it is middle point of line or not) on existing line without AutoCad selecting some corner or end of the line. 

Other problem is also that when i am doing perpendicular line from some point on existing line (that i want), for ending point on other existing line are not showing at all this little square or X for angle of 90 degrees which is normal in AutoCad to show. (on Windows everything was working perfect). 

I sent 2 pictures on which you can see what is the problem.

I hope somebody can help me...

Thank you all!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

you speak about "your object snap is on", but have you verified that the perpendicular snap is active in the list of current object snaps? Your screenshots don't show that setting.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I checked and many other snaps wasn't working, so i was looking little bit more and found out how to turn them on and now everything is working.

Thank you very much! 🙂

Govindadas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost