Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines Break in PDF

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jroehrigU872H
198 Views, 6 Replies

Lines Break in PDF

When I export, I need the line segments to be joined. However, when I test the PDF file myself, I notice that the lines are not joined and auto-circles will show around them. People say the PDF is good as the model in the model space. The model is a solid object. This means that when using a view port, all lines should be connected.
View Ports:

3.PNG

See below image of an import of the PDF that I exported. 

Capture.PNG

How do I create a PDF file with all the lines connected?

I do the following to create a PDF:

Export> PDF 

Then these are my settings:

Capture2.PNG

4.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TheCADnoob
in reply to: jroehrigU872H

PDFs are not DWGs, there are accuracy issues with PDFs. That said I'm not sure that this is what your problem is.

Would you be able to share your DWG and PDF?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
jroehrigU872H
in reply to: TheCADnoob

Attached below is an example 3D object. Exported using my PDF set-up. Then importing into AutoCAD and got broken lines with circles around it. 

1.PNG

2.PNG

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Your "breaks" seem to match up with your model's various points too, probably not a coincidence at all

pendean_0-1670857806430.png

May I ask: are you just hoping to share a PDF with others instead of sharing a DWG for some sort of copyright protection, and are hoping somehow that a PDF would be good enough for the recipient?

I'm not positive what this round-trip conversion need from a high-precision CAD file to a low-precision PDF is ultimately serving.

Message 5 of 7
jroehrigU872H
in reply to: pendean

We create many PDF files of which at times get send to a manufacturer or the art department. They use the PDF file for these purposes. It is ideal to have the lines kept connected. 

Message 6 of 7
pendean

@jroehrigU872H Sadly, PDF have limitations like the ones you are experiencing. Not much you can do about it, explore other file formats where possible that convert better/more precisely back to DWG files if sending DWG files is not an option.
Message 7 of 7
TheCADnoob

Check out this Autodesk knowledge network article. They make adjustments in two places in addition to having much higher DPI settings

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...

CADnoob

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost