insert fusion 360 drawing in autocad

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2288 Views, 5 Replies

insert fusion 360 drawing in autocad

hello 

I'm using fusion 360 for 3D design and i make a 2D drawing from the design and export it to DWG.

Here is the problem when i open it with autocad the drawing is in the layout screen and not in the model screen.

I've got my own titleblock and layers for autocad but normaly my titleblock is in the layouttab and now i can't bring it where i want it.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

Copy and paste from layout to model space and scale up/down as needed.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I tried but the drawing itself isn't there when i paste it, only the dimensions and hatches
Message 4 of 6
leothebuilder

Well...maybe some annotation is in layout space and the rest of the geometry is on model space.

Is there a viewport in layout space?

If so you can use the CHSPACE command to transfer layout space objects to model space. (Express Tool)

Message 5 of 6
cmiller66
in reply to: leothebuilder

The 2D drawings created in Fusion 360 contain drawing view objects, similar to those created by the Model Documentation feature in AutoCAD.  These do not support copy/paste or CHSPACE.

One option to get these entities into Model Space is to use the EXPORTLAYOUT command in AutoCAD, but this command is currently supported on Windows only, not Mac.

After EXPORTLAYOUT all of the objects in your layout will be exported to model space in a new drawing, and views will be blocks which you can explode if you want to edit further. One thing to remember is any associativity to the original design is lost on Output from Fusion.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: cmiller66

Hello, .....very interested in "Export Layout"command. 

I have a a furniture client, that insists on all documentation to be in A4 PDF format, along with a very clean and orderly model space.

Most cabinet makers appreciate/need/want fullscale drawings, and I have been drawing 1:1 outputting on 36" x 48" sheets for decades.

The amount of time I spend laying out these drawings in scale for A4 sheets in AutoCAD, compared to my old regime of 1:1, can make an old man weep... and that would be me.

I am very interested in switching to Fusion 360, due to the speed in creating drawings and sections in scale.

I would like an answer from some one at AutoDesk as to my client being able to open and make changes in their AutoCAD 2004 modelspace using the "Export Layout' command and being able to work on the design in a way that would be familiar to them.

It is my understanding that there will be no interoperability to Fusion in any return DWG to me and I would have to update my Fusion model, sight reading from their DWG, which I can live with.

I am pretty sure they could be convinced to uprade to a newer version of AC, if it that would help facilite the above.

Thanks,

John Davies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost