Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import PDF - can't get rid of PDF scale 25.4:1

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
vancikv
1185 Views, 7 Replies

Import PDF - can't get rid of PDF scale 25.4:1

When importing pdfs there is a preset scale of 25.4:1 (which corresponds to millimeters to inches). I would like to change this value as needed, based on the actual scale of the pdf drawing, or at least have it at 1:1. Is that possible?

I thought the value could correspond to some metadata of the pdf file which may have been wrongly created, but didn't find anything. Of course I can scale the data to the correct size after import, but it seems unnecessary.

vancikv_0-1670424725328.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: vancikv

That highlighted scale was defined in the PDF: not much you can do about it in AutoCAD except whatever you can right here after the fact

pendean_0-1670428487929.png

Message 3 of 8
vancikv
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:

That highlighted scale was defined in the PDF

That's what I thought but, as mentioned, couldn't find where. I'd like to know if there exists at least one pdf file that has a different scale and how would that be achieved. I tried files from different sources and there was always 25.4:1 (I certainly don't work in inches and take care to have the correct units set up). Maybe it's the default for most pdf printers / exporters?

The scale setting you pointed out is something, I can put in 25.4 and then the import is as on paper, in mm. However, if I wanted to scale to the real dimensions, I'd already have to multiply Scale*25.4 and input that, which sucks.

Message 4 of 8
dany_rochefort

@vancikv 

1 divided by 25.4 = 0.03937

Input that into your pdf insertion scale to obtain 1:1

05.png

Message 5 of 8
paullimapa

Message 6 of 8
vancikv
in reply to: dany_rochefort

No, it's the other way around. I don't need to invert anything, just input 25.4 and I'm effectively at 1:1. The PDF scale stated in the lower right corner of the preview doesn't react to that. It's interesting that the default PDF Scale for you is 1:1.
Message 7 of 8
vancikv
in reply to: paullimapa

Thanks, that's what I thought! So there is a slot for scale in the metadata. However, most printers probably don't/can't set it so a default value gets used instead.
Message 8 of 8
ravii99

have you found the solution???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost