Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off "mesh lines"?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
BeKirra
4413 Views, 8 Replies

How to turn off "mesh lines"?

I have a 3d model showing the "mesh lines" as below.

How to turn them off?

Thanks.

MeshLines.jpg

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
JDMather
in reply to: BeKirra

What is your current shademode?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 9
nestly2

What is different in this case compared to the previous one?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-2015/How-to-remove-mesh-from-3d-Object/td-p/4981166

Message 4 of 9
BeKirra
in reply to: nestly2

I think it is a different one. Please see the attchement.

The shademode = "shaded" and I turned off the Edge Isolines.

It doesn't make any difference.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 5 of 9
JDMather

What type of object is that?

Hint: run the List command.

What happens if you Explode the "object"?

Now run List command.

Experiment with previously suggested solutions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 6 of 9
BeKirra
in reply to: JDMather

The object is a block "bonnet_ok", bonnet of car.

As you suggested, here is what I got (note: there is no other layers except layer "0" in the drawing):

Command: LIST

Select objects: 1 found

Select objects:

BLOCK REFERENCE  Layer: "0"                             Space: Model space                    Handle = 28cfe        Block Name: "bonnet_ok"                 at point, X=   0.0000  Y=   0.0000  Z=   0.0000    X scale factor:    0.0394    Y scale factor:    0.0394    rotation angle:      0    Z scale factor:    0.0394   Scale uniformly: No   Allow exploding: Yes

I then exploded it and now every pieces are "polyface mesh". I select a piece:

Command: LIST

Select objects: 1 found

Select objects:

POLYLINE  Layer: "0"                             Space: Model space                    Color: 255,0,11    Linetype: "BYLAYER"                    Handle = 295d8    Polyface mesh

VERTEX    Layer: "0"                             Space: Model space                    Color: 255,0,11    Linetype: "BYLAYER"                    Handle = 295d9    Polyface vertex                 at point, X=   0.0000  Y=  -0.0386  Z=  -0.0013

VERTEX    Layer: "0"                             Space: Model space                    Color: 255,0,11    Linetype: "BYLAYER"                    Handle = 295da    Polyface vertex                 at point, X=  -0.0098  Y=  -0.0465  Z=  -0.0029

VERTEX    Layer: "0" Press ENTER to continue:                             Space: Model space                    Color: 255,0,11    Linetype: "BYLAYER"                    Handle = 295db    Polyface vertex                 at point, X=   0.0000  Y=  -0.0470  Z=  -0.0028

VERTEX    Layer: "0"                             Space: Model space                    Color: 255,0,11    Linetype: "BYLAYER"                    Handle = 295dc Polyface face record     Face vertices:  1 2 3

END SEQUENCE  Layer: "0"                             Space: Model space                    Color: 255,0,11    Linetype: "BYLAYER"                    Handle = 295dd

Finally, I check the "visualstyles", the edge has been turned off in the current shade mode.

What should I do?

X² + Y² = C²
Message 7 of 9
JDMather

The point is you are not likely to get what you are expecting with a polyface mesh.

Message 8 of 9
BeKirra
in reply to: JDMather

Sorry I am not familiar with "polyface mesh".

Then the solution is ...?

X² + Y² = C²
Message 9 of 9
BeKirra

Does it mean there is nothing to do with it?

Does anyone have other ideas?

Thanks.

X² + Y² = C²

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost