AutoCAD 2010 - create reference axis

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4756 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2010 - create reference axis

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me with my question:

I wanted to create a reference axis, which should look like the one in the following picture (B):

Does anybody of you know how I can create such an reference axis? Is there a tool for it or is it usually created manually?

Thank you very much in advance & have a nice day.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
steve216586
in reply to: Anonymous

There are some Section callouts available but none which look exactly like yours. You can make a custom dynamic block by placing the AutoCAD one in a blank drawing, then modifying it in the Block Editor then saving as your custom reference axis.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 6
tbennett

I made a PDF file of the steps to make a multileader do this (attached).  If I understood the question.  BTW, this is out-of-the-box.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 4 of 6
tbennett
in reply to: tbennett

If you want the little axis line, make a block with the line then instead of picking "Datum triangle filled" select "User Arrow..." and select your block.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 6
tbennett

I tried to attach a dynamic block, but I keep getting "The file type doesn't match the type of its contents".  It is a dwg file.  I even tried the bak file.  What up?

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi tbennett,

thank you very much for your help!

With your great instruction, I was able to create it.

Thanks again & have a nice day!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost