AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xref linework is screened back

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mjgentilepe
1585 Views, 3 Replies

Xref linework is screened back

I'm using Autocad for Mac 2013 (Mac OS X 10.7.4).  I referenced in a drawing and created a layout with viewports, but the information in the reference file is showing up screened back instead of black.  I checked the colors and my pen table, and by all indications they should be showing up as black, but are instead gray.

When I plot it looks as it should, but it's very disconcerting that the view on screen is not what I will get when I plot.  Yes, I have the "Display plot styles" radio button checked off.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: mjgentilepe

Hi,

Xref fading in AutoCAD is turned on by default. You can control it with XDWGFADECTL system variable, or in Application preferences dialog:

Screen Shot 2012-09-16 at 20.50.41.png

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
marie.copa
in reply to: maxim_k

Hello maxim_k

Thanks for this solution! It helped to get me started building a drawing using only xrefs. My problem is that I'd like to have control to screen/ fade each of 10 or so xrefs seperately so they stand out better when printed. Is that possible using another feature?

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: mjgentilepe

Hi,

You can set Transparency for each of Xref layers (separately for particular Xref) and then in Print dialog check "Print with transparency".
You can see results of transparency on screen too, if you switch ON "Show transparency" on Status Bar".

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost