AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREF AFFECTING OBJECT HIGHLIGHT IN AUTOCAD FOR MAC LT 2015

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
rsanghvi
602 Views, 7 Replies

XREF AFFECTING OBJECT HIGHLIGHT IN AUTOCAD FOR MAC LT 2015

Hello, I am running auto cad for mac lt 2015 on os x yosemite. I have come across a very serious issue.

When i insert any drawing created in earlier version as xref in autocad for mac lt 2015, and overlapp it on the existing drawing, suddenly, the object selection hightlight, which, previously was showing as dashed lines, when selected, stopped showing as dashed line. Even after deleting the xref, object highlight does not show as dashed line, when selected, instead what i see was just three grip points. In such case, it is very difficult for me to judge, whether the object is selected or not.

This issue does not arise when, i insert a drawing as xref in the current drawing generated in autocad lt 2015.

I have tried to google the issue, and looked in to system variables, but it seems everything is configured correctly. Tried to uninstall-reinstall autocad for mac lt 2015 couple of times, but in vain.

Pl. help me.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: rsanghvi

Hi,

I can not reproduce this issue on my Mac (Mavericks OS - I have not upgraded to Yosemite on my Mac)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 8
rsanghvi
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Even i tried auto cad for mac lt 2015 on os x mavericks. There was no issue. But with os x yosemite, this is the problem i am facing.

Tried out solutions so far:

01. uninstalling-reinstalling auto cad three times, but no issue.
02. Tried out on different user account. But got the same issue.
03. Tried out on my admin account. But no solution.

When inserting file as xref, created in auto cad lt 2015 for mac, i face no issue. It just happens with files inserted as xref, created in older versions.

Regards,

Rikhav

Message 4 of 8
rsanghvi

I also would like to add that is there any system variable that i am missing to adjust?

Message 5 of 8
maxim_k

Hi Rikhav,

Could you explain in more details what do you mean by:
"when selected, instead what i see was just three grip points. "
Do you see just three grips on each kind of object in your drawing?
Please post screenshots of your issue with selection with xref attached and after you detach it.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 8
maxim_k

Just tested this on Yosemite and can not reproduce your issue....
The only one System variable is responsible for object highlighting after you select the object: HIGHLIGHT, the default value of it is 1, if you set it to 0, the highlighting gets disabled:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACDMAC/2015/ENU/index.html?guid=GUID-A0543122-803C-4692-9EEB-090483C40...

This variable doesn't saved between AutoCAD sessions, so if you set it to 0 and than restart AutoCAD it resets to 1.
Please check this variable when you will have problems with dashed highlighting.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 8
rsanghvi

Hi, Thanks for helping me out.

After your reply, suggesting, that autocad for mac lt 2015 was working without  problem described by me, on os x yosemite, and, after trying out everything, googling about the problem, was not able to find out the answer.

Then, I decided to clean install os x yosemite as well as autocad for mac lt 2015. Till then, everything is fine so far...

Thanks once again, for your prompt reply... 

Will let you know, if the problem, again happens...

Regards,

Rikhav

Message 8 of 8
rsanghvi

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Even i tried auto cad for mac lt 2015 on os x mavericks. There was no issue. But with os x yosemite, this is the problem i am facing.

Tried out solutions so far:

01. uninstalling-reinstalling auto cad three times, but no issue.
02. Tried out on different user account. But got the same issue.
03. Tried out on my admin account. But no solution.

When inserting file as xref, created in auto cad lt 2015 for mac, i face no issue. It just happens with files inserted as xref, created in older versions.

Regards,

Rikhav

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost