AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work in the same team on autocad 2011 for mac and PC: no way!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
550 Views, 1 Reply

Work in the same team on autocad 2011 for mac and PC: no way!

Hi!

We try to work in a 4 people team with 2 mac and 2 pc. After many problems to use the mac version, we just discover than we cannot open a file already opened on mac to read only. Same problem with the Xref: if someone works on a Xref file on mac, an other architect cannot see this Xref attached on an other file.

Any solution? 

Thank you

PS: we are using on pc autocad 2007 and on mac autocad 2011

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
HawkAIA
in reply to: Anonymous

I posted on this extensively in the thread   AutoCAD for Mac/Mixed Computer Environment Mac & Windows

I created a tech support case for this as a part of that posting process, and tech support confirmed it was a problem that had been escalated to the programmers.  As I read the docs of Autocad for Mac 2012, this is supposed to be fixed.  I have installed 2012 and used it, but have not tested it in the office yet.

As for 2011, you have to resort to what we used to do in the "old" days when xref's first were invented - make copies and talk to each other to make sure you don't overwrite each other's work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost