AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visretain and Viewports, layer states

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sarra.cenia
775 Views, 3 Replies

Visretain and Viewports, layer states

Is there a way to reload an xref while maintaining some viewport visibility settings? I've changed a linetype scale in the xref but can't get it to refresh in the drawing file unless I set visretain to 0 and reload it ... but I have several drawing sheets and I don't want to lose my viewport overrides.

I tried saving a layer state but I can never get that command to work properly (bug maybe?).

Using Autocad LT for Mac 2015 on Yosemite
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: sarra.cenia

Hi,

How did you tried to save - restore layer states?
Have you tried this AutoLISP routine:

http://macacad.wordpress.com/2011/04/11/layer-states-manager-for-autocad-for-mac-visual-friendly-cli...

(Of course if you are using full version of AutoCAD)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
sarra.cenia

I'm using Autocad LT for Mac.

Using Autocad LT for Mac 2015 on Yosemite
Message 4 of 4
maxim_k

In this case the only one way to manage Layer states is to use stAte option of -LAYER command (I mean command line version of LAYER command):

State option:
Saves and restores the state and property settings of the layers in a drawing.

?—List Named Layer States Lists the named layer state (LAS) files in the support path for the drawing.

Save Saves the state and properties settings of the layers in a drawing under a specified layer state name. When saving a layer state, you specify which layer settings are affected when the layer state is later restored.

Restore Restores the state and property settings of all layers to previously saved settings. Restores only those layer state and property settings that were selected when the layer state was saved.

Edit Changes the saved layer settings for a specified layer state. When the layer state is restored, the specified settings are used.

Name Changes the name of a saved layer state.

Delete Removes a saved layer state.

Import Loads a previously exported layer state (LAS) file, or layers states from a file (DWG, DWT) into the current drawing. Additional layers may be created as a result of importing a layer state file.

Export Saves a selected named layer state to a (LAS) file.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost