AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewports and layer visibility

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
elis65
691 Views, 2 Replies

Viewports and layer visibility

Hi,

as described in the manual I know that I can set the layout viewport by double-clicking anywhere within its borders.

It is clear to me that I can freeze the layer viewport setting the VP Freeze. But the opposite? I have a layer that I want to hide in the Model space (it contains hatches and drawing with them is not confortable), but I want to see and print that layer in the Layout Viewports. How could I do that?

Thank you

Eli

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: elis65

Hi Eli,

AFAIK, freezing a layer in model space freezes it globally, so you don't have a chance to freeze layer in Model and see (print) it in layout viewport.

Why not freeze layer Model, while you are working in it, and thaw it before printing?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
elis65
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you Maxim,

(ps: I really love your blog Heart and your invaluable help),

@maxim_k wrote:
Why not freeze layer Model, while you are working in it, and thaw it before printing?

it is what I currently do, in order to "solve" my problem, but I hope in a better solution in a not too distant future: I wish to  exchange my projects and drawings, as I thought (I am switching from ArchiCAD and I must learn another way to think, with AutoCAD).

Kind regards!

Eli

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost