AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Drawing on LT 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
blpendley
270 Views, 3 Replies

Very Slow Drawing on LT 2013

I recently upgraded to Mac OS 10.9.2 on a MacBook Pro with Retina display. Before upgrading the OS I installed both Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2 for ACAD LT for Mac 2013. It is currently running at version G.55.M.208. The problem I am having now is that everything draws very slowly. For instance, I can select the Center Radius Circle tool and begin drawing a simple circle. A circle with a radius of 10" takes approximately 12 seconds to draw on the screen. What can be done to fix this issue. I obviously cannot work with this situation.

Thanks,
Brandon

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: blpendley

Hi Brandon,

How complex is the drawing file where you have troubles?

Does this happens even in new empty file?

>>>A circle with a radius of 10" takes approximately 12 seconds to draw on the screen

What do you mean? 

You pick center, than you pick (or type radius) and then you wait 12 sec to circle appeared on screen?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
blpendley
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi Maxim, 

Yes, this happens even in a new drawing file. I would select the center point, pull the cursor out 10"and click, then it would take about 12 seconds to draw the circle; pixel by pixel. I have been reading other forum post this morning and saw someone reference the "DRAGP1" variable. Mine was set to 0 but I changed it to 1000 since the post I read said it should be set to below 5000. It seems to be working completely fine now. I'm not sure if that variable was the solution or not.

What are your thoughs in case this happens again?

Thanks,

Brandon

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: blpendley

Yes, the case is in DRAGP1 system variable (sometimes it resets to 0 after AutoCAD crash), the default value is 5000, and you can set it to 5000.
That was the real solution.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost