AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User profiles in AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dan
Contributor
3070 Views, 4 Replies

User profiles in AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac

Having just moved from AutoCAD on a windows/PC to a shiny new iMac (MAC OSX is completely new to me), i have set up a custom toolset and would like to transfer this to another Mac machine for another member of staff.

In AutoCAD for windows, you used to be able to save a 'profile' and export it as an .arg file.

Please forgive me if this has been answered before, i have never posted in a forum such as this.

Thanks in advance.

Dan Rontree

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: dan

Hi Dan,

Yes, there is no option to create .arg file in AC for Mac, but you can "migrate" custom AutoCAD environment "by hand":

1. Locate AutoCAD LT support folder on your hard drive:

~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD LT 2013/R18.2/enu/Support

the Support folder is inside Library folder (if you are on Lion OS - Library folder is hidden by default) in your home folder, "AutoCAD LT 2013" - this name may vary for AutoCAD LT from AppStore and from Autodesk.

2. Inside this Support folder locate four files with .CUI extension:

Screen shot 2012-06-14 at 17.23.42.png

and copy them to the same folder on another Mac (you can backup existing files before overwriting them).

3. If you used custom icons for Tool Sets palette, then you have to copy them too (put them somewhere on Support files search path)

4. Start AutoCAD LT on another Mac and verify results.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 5
dan
Contributor
in reply to: maxim_k

Maxim,

thanks for your help, i have managed to get to the Autodesk folders by asking it to 'show package contents' which has let me in to 'library' folder but there does not appear to be an 'application support' folder!

I am completely new to Mac, so may need a bit more help.

If it helps we are running AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac, on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E53), it was pre installed by our supplier so i do not know if it was AppStore or AutoDesk. If it helps, we have received the DVD's in the post and they appear to be un opened with the seal intact.

Any assistance in locating the files would be great.

Dan

Message 4 of 5
maxim_k
in reply to: dan

Dan,

@dan wrote:
...we have received the DVD's in the post...

Looks like your AutoCAD from Autodesk, from App Store you should not receive DVD.

Anyway, the easiest way to get to Support folder is ... to do this from AutoCAD.

- Start AutoCAD, start HATCH command, from Hatch Visor select:

Screen Shot 2012-06-14 at 22.58.30.png

- then, in Hatch Library select:

Screen Shot 2012-06-14 at 22.58.39.png

This step opens Finder window -

Voila! You are just in place: look for .CUI files here.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 5
dan
Contributor
in reply to: maxim_k

I actually managed to get there from going to the following address via go to folder in finder:

/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD LT 2013 Standalone/R19.0/enu/Support

i found the file path to paste in ACAD by the following:

Tools> drafting settings> preferences> application> support file search path

Looks like a similar method, worked for me once i had a clue where to look which i wouldn't have managed without your help!!!!

Thanks for your help, all solved now.

Dan Rontree

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost