AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to snap to grips on boundaries of raster images in LT for Mac 2014.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
joberline
3069 Views, 7 Replies

Unable to snap to grips on boundaries of raster images in LT for Mac 2014.

I just installed AutoCAD LT 2014 for Mac and am having trouble getting the grips to highlight (with OSNAPs on) so that I can scale or move a raster image by it's boundaries.  I'm an exhibit designer for a museum, so I insert a lot of images of artwork, scale, and move them around my drawings.

I just inserted a few images, and when I go try to move the object, I can't get the grips to highlight so that I can grab it from a corner or midpoint.  I am, however, able to grab the corners and pull them freehand, but this limits my accuracy greatly.

Is this a function that's disabled in LT?  Or is one of my settings off? 

(I've turned the grips on in Preferences, I've messed with my Imageframe settings, and I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong.)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: joberline

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

For inserted raster images in AutoCAD (any version) you should have 4 grips on the corner of the image. System variables related to image frame should be:

IMAGEFRAME=1

FRAMESELECTION=1

FRAME=3

You can scale image proportionally with these grips. Do you see grips at the corners of the image when you select it?

In AutoCAD you can not have grips on the middle points of the image.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 8
joberline

Hi Maxim,

I changed the IMAGEFRAME and FRAMESELECTION to 1, but for FRAME my version of CAD only offers options 0,1,and 2. 

I tried all 3, and strangely enough with the FRAME set to 0, I can finally OSNAP to the edges again.  

Thank you!  

Message 4 of 8
maxim_k

I think FRAMESELECTION=1 was the key.

M

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 8
3d-labor
in reply to: maxim_k

Strange enough as joberline says years ago. With AutoCAD 2019 for Windows the same problem as described. Imageselection has no influence. When I set Frame=0 I can snap to the edges of the image.

Workstation: Ryzen 9 5950x@ 4,20GHz 64 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro P5000, Win10 Prof.
Rendernode: AMD Threadripper 2990wx@ 3,20 GHz 64 GB RAM, Win 10 Prof.
Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2021, VRay 5, ForestPack, RailClone, RichDirt, KStudio ProjectManager....
Message 6 of 8
theymansPTRVB
in reply to: 3d-labor

In Civil3d 2022, having the same issue. I had to set frame to 0 as well. I had been using the images just fine throughout my project then one day I couldn't select them, scale them or anything. Frame was set to 3 (although AutoCAD said it can only be 0-2) so I set it to 0 and it worked. 

Message 7 of 8
maxim_k

Hi @theymansPTRVB ,

Set FRAMESELECTION=1

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt-for-mac/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/201...

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 8
theymansPTRVB
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi! The thing is, frameselection was already set to 1. I flipped between 0-1 and between the other variables to make sure there wasn't any errors happening anywhere like how we used to flip imageframe from 0-1-0 in order to get the imageframe to properly not plot in AutoCAD 2012-2015. The only thing that worked was setting frame to 0.. which is odd because it should work anyway. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost