AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to plot w/ Autocad LT 2014 for Mac

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
648 Views, 1 Reply

Unable to plot w/ Autocad LT 2014 for Mac

Hi,

I jsut got Autocad 2014 LT for Mac- works like a charm except for the fact i cannot plot.

I get the (see attached) message that it's impossible and then the program freezes.

If anyone could give me a heads up on how to solve this, I'd appreciate it immensly!

/my

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

There is nothing special in this message, it only indicates, that the file you trying to print was previously saved in Windows version of AutoCAD, where it was plotted once (or had Page setup created) with DWG to PDF.pc3 configuration (printer driver).

Usually when I dismiss such dialogue, I'm able to proceed with printing with default Mac OS System printer and paper size (I can change settings for printer and paper size in dialogue, which appears after I pick OK in AutoCAD alert).

Do you have printer installed in your Mac OS System preferences? If no - try to install one - if you don't have physical device at hand - try to download and install Gutenprint drivers and choose printer model you wish (install it as network printer as described here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/large-format-PDF-files/m-p/3596118#M4953

And here is another trick: you can assign "DWG to PDF.pc3" (without quotes) name to this fake printer and will never get an alert about it from AutoCAD.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost