AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off windows laso

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
shahrobm
4048 Views, 3 Replies

Turn off windows laso

Is there a way to turn off windows laso so when I try to select objects I go back to a rectangular selection and not a laso?  Apparently, for the Windows version, you can turn off windows laso, but I can't find where it could be truned off on Autocad 2015 for Mac.  Frankly, I prefer a rectangular selection.

Thanks,

Baharm

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: shahrobm

Hi Baharm,

In AutoCAD for Mac you can turn off lasso selection by setting system variable PICKAUTO=3.
Type PICKAUTO at the command prompt hit Return, than type 3 and hit Return again.

PICKAUTO (System Variable)
http://help.autodesk.com/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/AutoCAD-Core/files/GUID-7BAAA374-8409-4296-B520-C5355941...

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
shahrobm
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.  This option isn't documented on the link that you provided.  Autodesk should add 3 to the list.

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: shahrobm

This is bitcode type variable, which means that the resulting value is the sum of values, so if the resulting value is 5 (default) it includes:
1 - Begins a window or crossing selection if the cursor is not directly over an object when you click
and
4 - Begins a window or crossing lasso selection if the cursor is not directly over an object when you click and drag.If the Fence option is active, clicking and dragging will begin a free-form fence selection.

1+4=5

If you set it to 3, than you have:
1 - Begins a window or crossing selection if the cursor is not directly over an object when you click
and
2 - Begins a window or crossing selection even if the cursor is directly over an object. This option applies only when you select objects before you start a command using the click, drag, and release method.

1+2=3

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost