AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Textstyle/ Dimstyles/ Multilidear styles from one drawing to the template

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
eglupe
2288 Views, 3 Replies

Textstyle/ Dimstyles/ Multilidear styles from one drawing to the template

My assignment requires to build in all the current set Textstyle/ Dimstyles/ Multilidear that I used in one drawing (dwg), into my earlier created template (dwt). 

Auto CAD book for Macintosh says to do it thought the Tree View in Design Center.

How do I do it on Auto CAD for MAC?  I don't even know where the Design Center is on MAC.  Please help…

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: eglupe

Hi,

There are a lot of ways to accomplish this task without Design Center (which is not available in AutoCAD for Mac), for example:

1. Open .dwt file into which you want to import text-, dim- and mleader- styles.

2. Attach DWG file with desired styles (Insert -> DWG Reference...)

3. Call XBIND command, you will see dialog:

Screen shot 2012-03-11 at 22.18.12.png

here you can import nessasory styles into DWT,

4. Detach xreferensed DWG file, imported styles will remain in DWT file

5. Rename imported styles (if you need to remove DWG-name prefix) with RENAME command

Screen shot 2012-03-11 at 22.29.25.png

BTW: What book do you mention by "Auto CAD book for Macintosh"?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
eglupe
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you for your responce.  Sorry, I did a mistake and wrote the book for Macintosh, but I meant for Windows.  My college class book is AutoCAD 2012 for Windows, but I am working on MAC.  So, I am trying my best to figure out staff from this book and to apply it to MAC.

Anyway, I was able to insert Textstyle and Dimstyles as you directed, but for some reason Multilidear styles doesn't show in the XBIND dialog box.  Is there another way to insert it in my DWT?   Besides that, I had too many blocks to insert one by one in the step 3.  Is there a step that can highlight all the blocks and add them in at once?

Thank you very much,

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: eglupe

Hi,

1. For Mulileader: draw multileaders in your source DWG file (if you have multiple mleader styles - draw one for each style). Copy them to clipboard, then paste to DWT file, then erase them in DWT. Mleader style will stay there in DWT.

2. For blocks - after inserting XREF into DWT, use command-line version of XBIND command:

Command: -XBIND     <-Hit Enter
Enter symbol type to bind [Block/Dimstyle/LAyer/LType/Style]: B    <-Hit Enter
Enter dependent Block name(s): *    <-Hit Enter
5 Block(s) bound.

All blocks from DWG will be binded into DWT

There is also another method:

1. Create a copy of your DWG file, cleanup it (erase all objects, PURGE everything except Mleader- Text- Dim- Styles and necessary blocks.

2. Open DWT and insert DWG as block (check mark "explode block" in Insert block dialog)

Screen shot 2012-03-12 at 13.46.21.png

3. Keep in mind that you have to give unique names to Mleader- Text- Dim- Styles and blocks in source DWG in order to avoid conflict with Mleader- Text- Dim- Styles and blocks in destination DWT file (otherwise AutoCAD will ignore inserted objects with the same names).

HTH

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost