AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text prints wrong

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
push_pull
1060 Views, 3 Replies

Text prints wrong

I have a large set (40 pages) of architectural drawings to update.  A particular font (HAND.SHX) is printing incorrectly.  It looks like some of the letters are exploding.  It makes the set un readable.  I included a zip archive of one of the sheets and some of its xrefs.  I included this because it has 2 xrefs of the same file. On called "Shaded" and the other "Black".  The "shaded" xref prints text fine while "black" text looks exploded.  I have tried putting fonts in the library directory and in the app package.  I have tried changing the pen in the sheet file. I have tried changing the pen in the referenced file.  I have even replaced the hand.shx to see if that was the issue (though I don't get why one instance prints and the other doesn't in the same sheet file).  The Hand.shx i replaced it with was from the origional builders library so I amy have replaced it with itself.  Also audit and recovery both of which turned up arrors and corrected them.

This problem is occuring acrross the entire set, with this one font. About half have a shaded and black instance of that sheets reference, the rest just have one instance of their respective xrefs.

The only solution I have I implimented on a similar project from the same builder.  I changed all of the text fonts and adjusted the text and leaders on each sheet.  This added over 20 hours of work. because of the large hourly rate on the previous project from this issue I will not be able to bill for this.  If I need to replace and reformat all the text it will be 25 percent of my time minimum that I won't get paid for.  

I hope I have explained this clearly,

Thanks in advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: push_pull

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

I tested your DWG with attached SHX font on my Mac an had no issues with printing - all letters prints correctly.
I think there could be two reasons for incorrect font printing on your System:
1. printer software - because I have another printer installed on my Mac: I tried with Gutenprint drivers and with HP Officejet 7000.
2. Plot Style table you are using in this file - because I don't have CTB file configured in Page Setup in your drawing I used monochrome.ctb a Plot Style table file

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
push_pull
in reply to: maxim_k

Unfortunatley that hasn't worked for me.  I have tried hp printers t2300, DeskJet 9800 Photosmart 7520 and officejet 4630.  I have also tried no plot style, acadlt.ctb, monochrome.ctb.  I get the same results where the shaded xref text is printed and the black xref text is exploded.

Could it be my copy 2012 lt? I have tried it on 2 different machines running my copy of 2012 lt.  I think I will try a third party machine tomorrow that is runninf 2013.

I noticed gutenprint is for older versions of OSX.  Would that same driver work for mac 10.8? 

You trying different a ctb has inspired me.

_I just tried a different project from a different architects template and replaced the text with the one here that is problematic and the ctb file. Text printed great.

So the text and ctb are not the issues.

_I printed a window of the xref model space and it was exploded so it happens before the sheet file

_I created a new blank file, copied a part of the model space from the origional xref and printed a window.  It was exploded.

_ I changed the asian set from none to bigtext. It exploded.

So I have narrowed it down to these drawings and objects on my 2 different machines. UGH! 

Message 4 of 4
push_pull
in reply to: push_pull

I tried it on a different mac with the same build of OSX but autocad 13 lt.  It all printed great.  I am going to try uninstalling 2012 lt and reinstalling it.  If I still have issues I'll upgrade to 13 or higher. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost