AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text issues Autocad LT 2015 on iMac Yosemite 10.10

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cadillusinc
785 Views, 3 Replies

Text issues Autocad LT 2015 on iMac Yosemite 10.10

Single line text command in menu and annotation toolbar do not work. Text command in command line does invoke single line text.

Multiline text: Entering an abbreviation with a period as the first word in a line of text causes the multiline text to insert a tab on its own and format the text with indents. You must backspace to remove the tab and continue typing. This is very cumbersome when you are doing architectural notes where abbreviations are extensively used.  Each time an abbreviation with a period is entered as first word tabs and indents reformat on their own.
Example:
Exist. Conc. Driveway to remain.
How Mtext enters it:
Exist.       Conc. Driveway to remain

The tab remains set and all subsequent lines of text are indented.
You must backspace for every tab indent that Mtext enters on its own or the paragraph must be restarted. This is quite a nuisance.

Has anyone else had this experience?

DBK

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: cadillusinc

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

1. Working on my Mac - menu Single line text and button on ToolSets palette invoke TEXT command.

2. In order to disable auto bulletting and auto numbering (new feature in AC 2015) you need to start MTEXT command and right-click in text editor window:

Снимок экрана 2014-10-22 в 21.50.02.png

deselect "Allow Auto Bullets..." - this will turn off auto bullets globally until you decide to enable this feature.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
cadillusinc
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you Maxim.

That did resolve the mtext issue.

My installation of Autocad LT 2015 for MAC neither the menu nor annotation tool pallette work for single line text.  Pressing tool or selecting menu item nothing happens .. blank command line.   Typing text command in command line does invoke single line text.

Customizing the UI the command for text has a macro to edit table cell text:

^R^C^C_EditTableCell _Content _Datatype _Text _Quit 

How can yours work and mine does not.  The program was installed via autodesk download.

I had the same problem with 2014 LT for MAC. Does not make much sense to me.  Very confusing.  

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: cadillusinc

Sorry, I was writing about full version of AutoCAD 2015 as I don't have LT installed.
So this looks like a defect (bug).in CUI file in LT.
The only one way to repair it - to edit in CUI editor 😞

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost