AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Windows to Mac for AutoCAD 2013

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
ggxdxd
32442 Views, 21 Replies

Switching from Windows to Mac for AutoCAD 2013

This site lists the differences between mac and windows versions:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15833488&linkID=15839490

My question is it seems as if many important features are unavailable in the mac version.  I am concerened with UI ,customization, design features, etc.  Are these features simply unavailable in the mac version?  Or do they go by a different name/different way of achieving similar things?

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
maxim_k
in reply to: morales545j

@morales545j wrote:

Is there any way to download some comads individual for AutoCad 2013 Mac?  

What do you mean - "some comads"?

Are you talking about third parity applications for AutoCAD for Mac?

If so - I have not heard of any of such applications at the moment.

The functionality of Design Center for blocks represented in AutoCAD for Mac by Content palette.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 22 of 22
marco_mata
in reply to: ggxdxd

I learned AutoCad 2010 back in College and now I'm working for a company with AutoCad 2012, both windows. I had no problem refreshing my memory on how to work the software after a 4yr. lapse. I decided to move even forward since all my personal computers run on mac, I also want to switch to Mac AutoCad 2014 with the help of online tutorials.  At this point I'm still on windows 2012 CAD b/c the projects I work with are linked to reference files under a windows virtual drive Z (share folder on network). I can successfully access the share files through finder and mount the folder to my mac. However, I have to relink every attribute and reference each time I open a project. I do not want to use bootcamp. I want to know if AutoCAD for Mac has a feature to import projects and automatically update the path from Z://Public to sbm://Public. The projects are completed by stages among several users. I'm the only mac user and therefore I want to preserve the project original path but still be able to work natively in Mac. 

I have worked with computers for many years so I have no problem tweaking around the settings to get things working. However, I do not want to change, modify or edit the company shared folder settings as some mac blog post suggest doing to help mac link files to their original path.  My greatest advange is that my mac is waaaaay faster than any windows machine and hazzle free b/c of operating system issues. 

Thanks in advance. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost