AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange lines

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
jeremymurdochbailey
2592 Views, 22 Replies

strange lines

new auto cad user working on first large scale plans in autocad. Experience a strange glich which creates some kind of almost smearing of horizontal lines so the look like they have all extended further from there points. These lines dont show when printing but make continuing work virtually impossible. Firstly I updates my 2011 autocad which solved the problem, then it returned and I found the 2012 autocad which took the lines away and now they have returned again. Not sure how to get rid of them. if i open a new autocad file its fine but my work files remain with these strange lines which i cant get rid of.

Hopefully someone has heard of this. I have a mac pro os x 10.6.8 if that info is of any help

kind regards

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
vasco
in reply to: vasco

Attachment

Message 22 of 23
maxim_k
in reply to: vasco

Hi Vasco,

It is not absolutely clear what kind of issue you have, but I suspect you can try find a solution here:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Unwant...

Try to set LINESMOOTHING system variable to OFF.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 23 of 23
vasco
in reply to: maxim_k

Sorry Maxim for not replying I've missed your post (I'm not that much on line) but I have another issue that is very similar to the one I hope you solved on 2015: 

crooked lines when printing pdf

My new post is:  

"Curve resolution problem on screen and even worse on pdf (different thickness)"

Thank you,

Vasco

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost