AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sticky Mouse movement in PSPACE

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
JohnRennie
948 Views, 13 Replies

Sticky Mouse movement in PSPACE

I seem to have a problem with my mouse moving accross the screen when in PSPACE. It is like it is jumping to a snap grid, although this is always switched off.

This only happens when there is no command active.

It also does not occur outwith the sheet (ie to the grey area at the side)

Any ideas for a solution?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
chris
in reply to: JohnRennie

I have exactly the same problem, did you ever find a solution?

Message 3 of 14
chris

and its only when i am zoomed in on the paperspace, makes it impossible to navigate the drawing  HELP!!

Message 4 of 14
JohnRennie
in reply to: chris

Nope, no solution.

IIt seems to be worse when you have multiple views.

Only workaround is to lock your viewports and work within them, keeping all notes, etc. off PSPACE.

But yes, very annoying

Message 5 of 14
chris

Almost impossible to use now.  Anyone know if its a graphics card issue?  only sticks when in the page and only on certain drawings.  Autodesk??????  Misha?????

Message 6 of 14
JohnRennie

I have a ATI Radeon HD 5750, so nothing out of the ordinary really. I have yet to have a drawing where it is not an issue.

Message 7 of 14
chris

I think i have resolved it (kind of)  i found it was due to an xref (title block in this instance) that was inserted into the pspace.  either deleting the xref or putting it on a separate layer and turning it off seems to do the trick.  not sure why its has started doing thins tho, better workaround tho

Message 8 of 14
JohnRennie

You're right. It was the xreffed titleblock in my case too.

Still not ideal as the only time I'm in PSPACE is to set out a drawing, for which I need to see my titleblock.

Thanks for the help.

Message 9 of 14
maxim_k

Hi John,

As I have not had such issue with "Sticky Mouse movement in PSPACE" (maybe my title blocks are very "light"), could you post some of your title block? Or send it to my e-mail: maximkanaev at yandex dot ru. I want to test it on my system.

Thanks,

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 10 of 14
chris
in reply to: maxim_k

sure, see attached.  i have a feeling it may have something to do with the Mtext block and font used.  when i exploded the whole thing and re-named it, it inserted fine into a new drawing and there was no issues with the cursor movement.

Message 11 of 14
JohnRennie

Try this one and see how you go. I have a fair bit of text attached and also a jpeg logo which may, or may not, be affecting the performance

Cheers,

John

Message 12 of 14
raumpunktmp

use z key (with options) to navigate in paperspace.

Message 13 of 14
chris

update - i exploded the 'copyright' text block in the title block and seems to have rectified.  i wonder if that particular font (century gothic) is un-stable in CAD?  who knows

Message 14 of 14
JohnRennie

Following some issues where I had to reset the SUBOBJSELECTIONMODE to 0, and SELECTIONCYCLING to 0 my problem appears to have vanished.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost