AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spacebar end in Regenerating Model ?..

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
madchenCAD
316 Views, 9 Replies

spacebar end in Regenerating Model ?..

Hello everyone,

so the problem beginned when I typed '' Current ucs'' and obviously i had to type with spacebar and a circle appears out of nowhere, with thousands radius denominated as '' Regenerating Model ''. Each time I type with spacebar that stupid thing appears and my drawing vanishes !

I have reinstall the program ( version 2013 ) , sent a error report to Autodesk, I downloaded the updated 2013 file .... Edit commands alias ? nothing either...

I would really appreciate your help !

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
maxim_k
in reply to: madchenCAD

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

In AutoCAD from the first versions till now spacebar serves as Enter (Return) when you type command at the command prompt- you can use only one-word commands and command aliases.
Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 10
madchenCAD
in reply to: maxim_k

hi, yes, but cad2013 i have doesnt accept one word commands. besides, it only happens with spacebar and not with enter key....
Message 4 of 10
maxim_k

You want to say that you type LINE at the command prompt and than hit spacebar nothing happens?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 10
madchenCAD

No, I mean that each time I must type spacebar ; the drawing dissapears and that scary circle appears

Message 6 of 10
maxim_k

Could you post screenshot of what happens when you got spacebar?
And what do you see at the command window: put cursor to it, right click and select Copy history, than paste to the post.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 10
madchenCAD

I appreciate your help !

Message 8 of 10
maxim_k

Hi,

When you are using PLAN command in AutoCAD it displays an orthographic view of the XY plane of a specified user coordinate system (Current UCS in your case), plus the PLAN command regenerates a plan view of the display so that the drawing extents fit in the current viewport of the current UCS.

So:

- regeneration is normal when you are using PLAN command.

- the result of using PLAN command in you drawing is displaying all objects in it, so what you see is what you have in your drawing - including the "scary circle" you see in the center of the drawing window.

- why does it seem that your drawing disappears? - that is because you have a lot of objects in the drawing, other than you are working with and when PLAN command displays all of the objects in the drawing around the area where you are working now, and this area became so small that you can not see it.

About spacebar - I see that you want to use "Current ucs" option of PLAN command and want to type it in the command prompt to ask AutoCAD to use it. But it is not necessary to type the option as it displayed in the command prompt, further more in this particular case you need to use spacebar in order to type the option as it displayed at the command prompt, but when you use spacebar AutoCAD thinks that you completed the input (it treat spacebar as Enter) and when you hit spacebar AutoCAD executes PLAN command drawing area regenerates an you see all objects in your drawing including "scary circle".

A small tip - there is a rule in AutoCAD - when you want to use an option inside some command, you don't need to type it in full length - just type one letter which is capitalized in the option and hit Return or spacebar and AutoCAD will execute this option. In the case of your question you need only to type C letter to use "Current ucs" option. Even more - if the option is displayed in <> at the end of AutoCAD prompt:

Command: PLAN
Enter an option [Current ucs/Ucs/World] <Current>:

you can simply hit Return or spacebar to call this default option. So in case of "Current ucs" option of PLAN command you can simply hit Return or spacebar to use the default "Current ucs" option.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 9 of 10
madchenCAD

Hello,

thank you for your time and explaination,

I guess that circle appears because the work has been developped between cad program and vectors program ad it musst be an file's  transformation error.

I changed a bit the interface and can now choose directly '' current ucs''; i do understand why it becomes so small with the regenerating model but, each time I zoom I can't reach the drawing.

Message 10 of 10
maxim_k

@madchenCAD wrote:

...., each time I zoom I can't reach the drawing.

That is because AutoCAD has limit in zooming in the drawing without regeneration, as you reach this limit you need to manually issue REGEN command in order to be able to zoom in further.
Seems the objects you drew take up extremely small area in the whole "huge" drawing area in this file.
I think you need to move everything you need from current drawing to the new one, or erase unnecessary "clutter" in this drawing.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost