AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP3 Bricked AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
astute4u
1371 Views, 32 Replies

SP3 Bricked AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac

I'm currently running AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac (3.4ghz i7 processor; 8 GB 1600 mhz DDR3 RAM) using OS 10.9.5 (Maverick).  I've been running it for two years with no issues, until this evening.  I was working on a drawing and I received a notice that I should upgrade to Service Pack 3.  I wrapped up my drawing, and before starting my next drawing I began the update.  After it was installed, I clicked on the icon to get started on the next drawing and the splash screen comes up for the standard few seconds and then disappears, and nothing.  No warnings, no messages...nothing.  I've tried rebooting, and I'm out of ideas.  I would rather not uninstall and reinstall, and looking through some of the other posts it might not solve the problem especially since I only have one seat (licence).  My business has been shut down as a result of service pack 3 bricking my software.  

PLEASE HELP!

32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33
fangh
in reply to: fangh

Hi all, Thanks for your patience. We've figured out a problem in previous SP3 and it has been re-posted. This SP supports both Mavericks and Yosemite. If you haven't applied it (if your AutoCAD version number is G.55.M.208 or older) you can upgrade it now. For those who cannot start AutoCAD LT 2013 because of upgrading to SP3 before, please uninstall it and reinstall, then upgrade it to SP3 again. It provides better support on Yosemite. Thank you, Hao Fang AutoCAD for Mac team, Autodesk

Message 22 of 33
nuthse

I have upgraded to Yosemite and uninstalled 2013LT.  Now, when I try to re-install the program from the DVD, I get "This version of Mac OS X is not supported.  AutoCAD LT 2013 requires OS X 10.6.4 or later."  I can not get farther than this point.

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous

Fangh:
Just to be redundant:  The Service Pack 3 has been fixed and can now be installed on Mavericks and Yosimite?
Just to be clear: One of the issues was that SP2 is not compatable with yosimite. Does SP3 circumvent this problem? Will there be an updated version on the MAS?
Thanks
@fangh wrote:
Hi all, Thanks for your patience. We've figured out a problem in previous SP3 and it has been re-posted. This SP supports both Mavericks and Yosemite. If you haven't applied it (version number is G.55.M.208) you can upgrade it now. For those who cannot start AutoCAD LT 2013 because of upgrading to SP3 before, please uninstall it and reinstall, then upgrade it to SP3 again. It provides better support on Yosemite. Thank you, Hao Fang AutoCAD for Mac team, Autodesk

Message 24 of 33
Anonymous

Fangh:
Just to be redundant:  The Service Pack 3 has been fixed and can now be installed on Mavericks and Yosimite?
Just to be clear: One of the issues was that SP2 is not compatable with yosimite. Does SP3 circumvent this problem? Will there be an updated version on the MAS?
Thanks.
@fangh wrote:
Hi all, Thanks for your patience. We've figured out a problem in previous SP3 and it has been re-posted. This SP supports both Mavericks and Yosemite. If you haven't applied it (version number is G.55.M.208) you can upgrade it now. For those who cannot start AutoCAD LT 2013 because of upgrading to SP3 before, please uninstall it and reinstall, then upgrade it to SP3 again. It provides better support on Yosemite. Thank you, Hao Fang AutoCAD for Mac team, Autodesk

Message 25 of 33
adamchr

for anyone else reading this thread, my experience with the upgrade:

(i have not downloaded mavericks yet)

1) clicked on on the auto update from the popup window at the start of an autocad session this morning (why does it show up now if date on SP3 is before Christmas?!?).

2) autocad promptly crashed

3) could not start up anymore

4) read this thread

5) wiped autocad off the cpu

6) re-installed acad

7) re-installed SP1, then SP2, then SP3

😎 acad lt 2013 for mac w/ SP3 now launches & "_vernum" checks out...recent work files also open fine

9) now headed to download mavericks...wish me luck!

Message 26 of 33
fangh
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 27 of 33
wei503

Hi Push_Pull and all,

There are two issues, and let me explain separately.

Issue#1: LT users see crashes after patching the SP3.

This issue has been resolved now and the SP3 has been updated, and please un-install AutoCAD LT and then reinstall the AutoCAD and patch the SP.

Note:

1. This solution is for LT users on Mavericks or older OS. You cannot do this on Yosemite, because of Issue#2 below.

2. For users who already have LT on Yosemite that is working fine, and not having patched the SP3 yet, you can install the SP3 now safely.

Issue#2:

AutoCAD and LT 2013 cannot be installed on Yosemite. This issue is about the original installer and cannot be resolved by a patch. We are working on a full installer for AutoCAD and LT 2013 for Mac that integrates all released service packs, and we are trying to make it live as soon as we can.

Sorry about all the trouble and confusions. And thanks for your patience.

Thanks,
Wei

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
in reply to: chappel

I had this same issue. Interestingly enough a posting via maxim_k nailed it.

Download the trail version of 2015 LT for Mac.

Run it once and close

Launch AutoCAD 2013, it should start

I understand you can remove the 2015 version but I have not yet done so.

The fix works for pre or post Yosemite OS.

Now for the interesting part. At the start of this investigation process I filed a case claim with Autodesk. I had everything operation, again, by the time I received a call but did receive a call. The interesting part is I was told 2013 AutoCadLT is not (yet) compatible with OS X Yosemite. The tech was completely baffled how this all worked. Maxim_k saved the day! Thank you!!

Message 29 of 33
fleurdelisa
in reply to: astute4u

We are now in April and I was instructed to ask if the Yosemite problem is truly fixed before I do the download.  I haven't done any of the service packs and I have been up and running with AutoCAD LT 2013 without too many problems.  Every once in a while it will unexpectedly quit but usually it recovers everything.  

So...do I dare update?  Apple says my computer will run better if I do...Any comments?  Thanks!

Message 30 of 33
astute4u
in reply to: fleurdelisa

I have not heard official word (from Autodesk) that it's truly compatible. I personally have not done the upgrade. My business cannot afford to go down if something doesn't go right. So until I hear officially, I will not be attempting the upgrade even though my machine is fully capable.

Hope that gave you some guidance.

Clumsily typed out on my iPhone
Message 31 of 33
astute4u

In addition to why I'm not upgrading is because of a posting by wei503, which says: "AutoCAD and LT 2013 cannot be installed on Yosemite. This issue is about the original installer and cannot be resolved by a patch. We are working on a full installer for AutoCAD and LT 2013 for Mac that integrates all released service packs, and we are trying to make it live as soon as we can."

Basically, If I ever run into a problem with my computer or autoCAD and have to reinstall, I'm screwed. So I stand by my statement that until they have full workarounds for these issues and hat it 100% works with Yosemite, I'll be sticking with what is working and allows me options for the unforeseen.
Message 32 of 33
Anonymous

Sorry I should have posted back earlier.

The new full version of AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac is available in page below:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-lt...

And this one is for AutoCAD 2013 for Mac:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2013-...

This version can be installed on Yosemite OS directly, and it includes the latest service pack(SP3).

The issue in the first post of this thread has been fixed in the latest SP3.

Thanks,
Wei

Message 33 of 33
Anonymous

I would like to add that this SP3 update and full installer are not for Autocad lt purchased from the Mac App Store.  I had this verified by the instalation forum. I also unistalled and reinstalled ACLT 2013 on one of my machines and the current hosted MAS installer is for SP2.

If any one has a work around for installing SP3 on an unserialized MAS version please let us know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost