AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SP3 Bricked AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
astute4u
1370 Views, 32 Replies

SP3 Bricked AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac

I'm currently running AutoCAD LT 2013 for Mac (3.4ghz i7 processor; 8 GB 1600 mhz DDR3 RAM) using OS 10.9.5 (Maverick).  I've been running it for two years with no issues, until this evening.  I was working on a drawing and I received a notice that I should upgrade to Service Pack 3.  I wrapped up my drawing, and before starting my next drawing I began the update.  After it was installed, I clicked on the icon to get started on the next drawing and the splash screen comes up for the standard few seconds and then disappears, and nothing.  No warnings, no messages...nothing.  I've tried rebooting, and I'm out of ideas.  I would rather not uninstall and reinstall, and looking through some of the other posts it might not solve the problem especially since I only have one seat (licence).  My business has been shut down as a result of service pack 3 bricking my software.  

PLEASE HELP!

32 REPLIES 32
Message 2 of 33
maxim_k
in reply to: astute4u

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Could you post System.log contents (form Console.app) from the moment when you click on AutoCAD icon in the Dock till it stops to show activity?

If you are using AutoCAD LT on Mavericks (not on Yosemite) you can try to reinstall it with removing your settings during uninstalling. This will reset AutoCAD.
Than you can apply SP2 and SP3 again.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 33
astute4u
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks for the quick reply.  Is this what you were looking for?

Marker - Dec 30, 2014, 10:05:58 PM
Dec 30 22:06:02 daniels-imac LMU[724]: 724 DAEMONIZE: setting umask 0
Dec 30 22:06:02 daniels-imac LMU[724]: 724 DAEMONIZE: session parent exiting
Dec 30 22:06:02 daniels-imac LMU[724]: exiting and supressing hooks: 0
Dec 30 22:06:02 daniels-imac LMU[725]: 725 DAEMONIZE: session new session leader
Dec 30 22:06:02 daniels-imac LMU[725]: 725 DAEMONIZE: tty disconnect parent exiting
Dec 30 22:06:02 daniels-imac LMU[726]: 726 DAEMONIZE: tty disconnect child
Dec 30 22:06:02 daniels-imac LMU[726]: 726 DAEMONIZE: closing file descriptors
Dec 30 22:06:02 daniels-imac LMU[726]: 726 Execing /Applications/Autodesk/Adlm/R9/LMU.app/Contents/MacOS/lmuopen
Dec 30 22:06:02 daniels-imac LMU[726]: 726 with argument: lmuopen
Dec 30 22:06:02 daniels-imac LMU[726]: 726 with argument: /Applications/Autodesk/Adlm/R9/LMU.app/Contents/MacOS/LMU
Dec 30 22:06:02 daniels-imac lmuopen[726]: Launching: /Applications/Autodesk/Adlm/R9/LMU.app/Contents/MacOS/LMU

Message 4 of 33
maxim_k

Yes, but seems the information is incomplete...
Anyway, have you tried to reinstall AutoCAD as I suggested in my previous post?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 33
astute4u

I tried several times to get more information, but everytime it produced the same results.  

I haven't had to uninstall since I started this business, so I'm not sure if uninstalling the software and reinstalling will invalidate my licence (seat).  Will I be doing myself harm by uninsatlling and reinstalling the software?  Are there any steps that I should take given my siutation?  

Thanks for all your help.  

Message 6 of 33
maxim_k

Reinstalling won't break your license. You can do it safely if you have OS X Mavericks on your Mac.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 33
chappel

I have the same issue - a late 2013 13" MacBook Air 8g ram 85g available drive space running Mavericks with 2013LT SP2. Installed SP3 and then only get the splash screen when opening AutoCAD. Did a full 'remove' including 'all settings', did a complete re-install from the original disk (worked), installed SP1 (worked), installed SP2 (worked), installed SP3 - broke. 

My syslog (all messages, from the time I invoke AutoCAD) looks the same:

12/31/14 11:35:16.670 AM LMU[982]: 982 DAEMONIZE: setting umask 0
12/31/14 11:35:16.671 AM LMU[982]: 982 DAEMONIZE: session parent exiting
12/31/14 11:35:16.671 AM LMU[982]: exiting and supressing hooks: 0
12/31/14 11:35:16.671 AM LMU[983]: 983 DAEMONIZE: session new session leader
12/31/14 11:35:16.672 AM LMU[983]: 983 DAEMONIZE: tty disconnect parent exiting
12/31/14 11:35:16.672 AM LMU[984]: 984 DAEMONIZE: tty disconnect child
12/31/14 11:35:16.672 AM LMU[984]: 984 DAEMONIZE: closing file descriptors
12/31/14 11:35:16.672 AM LMU[984]: 984 Execing /Applications/Autodesk/Adlm/R9/LMU.app/Contents/MacOS/lmuopen
12/31/14 11:35:16.673 AM LMU[984]: 984 with argument: lmuopen
12/31/14 11:35:16.673 AM LMU[984]: 984 with argument: /Applications/Autodesk/Adlm/R9/LMU.app/Contents/MacOS/LMU
12/31/14 11:35:16.686 AM lmuopen[984]: Launching: /Applications/Autodesk/Adlm/R9/LMU.app/Contents/MacOS/LMU
12/31/14 11:36:06.976 AM LMU[983]: exiting and supressing hooks: 0

Thoughts?

ch

Message 8 of 33
astute4u
in reply to: chappel

I'm glad that it's just not me this is happening to and getting the same results from Console.app in the system log.  I'm also glad to see that you were able to remove and reinstall without any major issues.  I'm going to give that an attempt tonight hopefully with positive results. 

Message 9 of 33
astute4u

According to the MacACAD blog, it seems like SP3 is to help with Yosemiti.  I've been avoiding upgrading because AutoCAD stated that their software isn't compatible with it (yet).  The SP3 release notes didn't say anythign about becoming compatibile with Yosemiti, so I'm confused if I should finally upgrade or not. 

Thanks,
Dan

Message 10 of 33
chappel

Dan - the readme file on the download page for AutoCAD LT 2013 SP3 explicitly claims it addresses issues with Yosemite:

"Thank you for downloading AutoCAD® 2013 for Mac® Service Pack 3 and AutoCAD LT® 2013 for Mac Service Pack 3

This update resolves compatibility issues on the new Mac OS X Mavericks, as well as the issues that have been reported while using the software on the latest versions of Mac OS X Yosemite. It also resolves problems reported by the Customer Error Reporting (CER) utility and other general problems identified after AutoCAD 2013 for Mac Service Pack 2 was made available."

Now if it only worked. It makes me wonder if SP3 ONLY works with yosemite? I'm not sure I'm brave enough to give that a go.

ch

Message 11 of 33
astute4u

It states, "This update resolves compatibility issues on the new Mac OS X Mavericks, as well as the issues that have been reported while using the software on the latest versions of Mac OS X Yosemite"

The way I read this is that it states that it resolves issues that have been reported using Yosemiti, but stopped short of saying that it's now actually compatible with Yosemiti. 

So yeah, If this update is ONLY for Yosemiti, then we have been misinformed as to what SP3 is for.  Does anyone have any information on this? 

-Dan

Message 12 of 33
astute4u

So I've been kicking the can of uninstalling and reinstalling down all day.  I'm finally ready to sit down and begin the process, and realized I can just "Time Machine" my system back into place within the Mac iOS.  So I told my Operating System to restore the entire //Applications/AutoDesk folder to three days ago.  Luckily it only took about two minutes to restore to what it was before all this, and I started AutoCAD up with no problems.  The first message I get when I open AutoCAD is "Service Pack 3 is available for download."  I just clicked "X" and it seems as though everything is working fine.  

I'd be curious to know if SP3 is ONLY for Yosemiti users, and if there would be any reason why I wouldn't upgrade to Yosemiti.  

Thanks for all the help in getting this resolved. 

Message 13 of 33
maxim_k

Hi Dan,

After some investigations I have found that SP3 installation image includes not only updates for AutoCAD itself, but also update for LMU (License Manager Utility) and LTU (Licence Transfer Utility).
When you was not able to launch AutoCAD after installing SP3 I saw in System.log that this was because of the LMU errors.
At the same time I was able to update AutoCAD 2013 installation on my Mac with SP3 and it works fine after the update. But I have AutoCAD 2015 installed on my Mac, and this version of AutoCAD both use the same version of LMU as SP3 for 2013 includes.
So I can suppose that the distribution of LMU inside SP3 for AC 2013 for Mac is corrupted in some way and in my case AC 2013 works fine after SP3 update because the corrupted version of LMU was not installed during SP3 installation as I already have this version of LMU on my Mac (form 2015 version of AutoCAD).
So you can try to download and install trial version of AutoCAD LT 2015 on your Mac, than install SP3 for AC 2013 for Mac, than test haw it will launch (it should launch without troubles I think)/ Than you can remove 2015 version and continue to use 2013 version with SP 3 applied.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 14 of 33
astute4u

I did as you instructed.  I installed the 2015 demo, started up a drawing, saved and closed the demo.  I opened up 2013, updated to SP3, and it opened the software.  I opened the same file I started in the demo in AC LT 2013, saved and closed the software.  I removed the 2015 demo and started up 2013 with the same drawing.  Right now, it appears to be stable, so I'm considering this a work around until Autodesk can clairify if the SP3 update will allow me to upgrade to Yosemiti.  I'm not risking it until I know it works.  

I appreciate your help in the matter and I hope these solutions can help others out there who may have the same issue.  

Thanks again,

Dan

Message 15 of 33
nuthse

As I have found, service pack 3 does not fix the problems with Yosemite 2013 LT for Mac as they say it does.  The program won't open.

Message 16 of 33
astute4u
in reply to: nuthse

I suggest doing what I did and install the AC LT 2015 demo, update AC LT 2015 with Service pack 2. Then run AC LT 2013, then remove AC LT 2015. Seems to have fixed the problem. Or you can use time machine if you have that activated. I've used both methods with success, but the first method actually allows you to install SP3. It's a work around.

Hope that helps.
Message 17 of 33
nuthse

Are you running Yosemite? I deleted 2013LT before updating to Yosemite. Now, it won’t let me reinstall it. I’ll try updating the 2015LT with the service pack 2 and see if it makes any difference. At this point, I figure I can use the 2015LT trial for the next 30 days which gives AutoDesk 30 days to get 2013LT for the Mac fixed to work with Yosemite.
Message 18 of 33
astute4u
in reply to: nuthse

I don't have the cojones to to upgrade from Maverick until Autodesk outright states that it's completely compatible with Yosemite. I have plenty of computing power, but won't risk the extreme difficulty of going back an OS version for a computer I've designated as my AutoCAD computer and nothing else.
Message 19 of 33
nuthse

I thought they were saying that with service pack 3 it was now compatible to use with Yosemite. I’m frustrated enough that if they can’t get it fixed in the next month, they’ll lose me as a customer. This has been VERY Frustrating trying to find help and when I’ve paid for this program and many other versions over 30 years, to not be able to get help on the phone is NOT my idea of customer service. Thank you for trying to help. Good luck.
Message 20 of 33
fangh

Thanks to all for reporting this problem and Maxim for the temporary workaround. We're actively looking into it right now.

Hao Fang

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost