AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple script advice - total newbie!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
345 Views, 1 Reply

Simple script advice - total newbie!

I am completely new to Autocad so hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I am drawing windsurf sails. I have a series of numbers in excel files that correspond to the various lengths of the sail. eg. mast length, boom length. etc etc. I can manually draw these, but it seems it should be easy to link the excel sheets with some kind of script. 

I mananged to make an excel sheet that allowed me to copy and paste the key numbers and from there it calculated all the start and finish points of every line. However I am struggling to work out a good system for then bringing that into Autocad. I tried to copy and paste it through textedit, but it always misses out the spaces in the code and therefore the script down't work. 

Does anyone have any advice on either:

a: how to add a space using code, that I can then put in a cell in excel and copy and paste into a script.

b: if this is totally the wrong way to go, what is the right way to go. I have been reading about AutoLisp for example, not sure if that would be the better approach.

Thanks alot for your help with this.

John

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have moved on a stage and received a .lsp file that does exactly what I need. Unfortunately it was from a windows user and the file refers to a .dcl file, which apparently is not support with autocad for Mac. Can anyone recommend a work around. Can I rewrite the dialog file somehow?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost