AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shift right click causes regenerating models?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mdesmon2
1039 Views, 8 Replies

shift right click causes regenerating models?

when I used to shift and then right click it would bring up autosnap options, but now it just cuases the curser to become a ball and the comand window says regenerating models. im not sure what this is. Please help

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
maxim_k
in reply to: mdesmon2

Hi

For now I also not sure what this is...

What do you see in Command window just before "regenerating models"?

Have you tried to restart AutoCAD (quit from it and launch again)?

Reset application settings?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 9
mdesmon2
in reply to: maxim_k

ive tried restarting the computer and autocad. When i right click with shift, the view changes from 2D wireframe to just Wireframe and everything freezes up for a minute. Then, at the bottom, it reads "Command:  Regenerating model." i cant get the Osnap window to come up.

Message 4 of 9
maxim_k

Hi,

What mouse do you use?

It looks like when you Shift+Right click, you affect in some way middle mouse wheel-button - real or virtual (in case if you are using Magic Mouse). And AutoCAD performs 3DOrbit command which "shortcut" is Shift+Rotate mouse wheel.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 9
mdesmon2

Ok, I think you are correct, I am using a Mac book touch pad. The right click is two finger touch, and the scroll is two finger drag.  Is there a way to turn off (or just change) the shortcut for "3DOrbit command which "shortcut" is Shift+Rotate mouse wheel" ? I just changed the track pad settings on my computer and it fixed the problem, but I would rather change the settings in Autocad because I use the two finger scroll in other applications

Message 6 of 9
maxim_k

Hi,

Unfortunately it appears that there is no way to turn off the shortcut for 3DOrbit in AutoCAD for Mac (the settings are somewhere deep inside application code).

BUT you have an alternative:

You can to try to use MagicPrefs (or MiddleClick) application to setup three finger click on Trackpad as middle mouse click, then in AutoCAD you have to change MBUTTONPAN variable to "0" - now you can use tree finger click to call temporary OSNAP overrides pop-up menu.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 9
mdesmon2

That works. Thanks for the help!! That issue was becoming increasingly more frustrating to deal with. 

Message 8 of 9
maxim_k

Glad to hear, that I can help you and it works for you. Smiley Happy

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 9 of 9
rahulsamuel03

So for the Autocad 2014 for Mac, instead of 'Shift + Right Click' that works on windows, just right click (two finger click on track pad) without the shift. The fourth option in that menu (after Enter, Cancel and Undo) is 'Snap Overrides' > Mouse over and you get the snap override options!

I have attached a screenshot for you reference. This is on Autocad 2014 runnin on Mac OSX 10.8.4

Note: this will work only after you select your first point for the objet you are trying to create.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost