AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet setup for non-system plotters

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Qwerty_001
307 Views, 1 Reply

Sheet setup for non-system plotters

I am working with a trial of AutoCAD LT for MAC to see if I like the program and I have run into a plotting issue. I work from a small office where the system printer can accomodate up to 11"x17" paper. I would typically print to PDF or Publish when I have larger format drawings that are then sent to a printing company.

When I go to my page setup, it will only let me select paper sizes that the system printer can accomodate. How do you set up either a 'None' or 'PDF' print setting for larger format sheets? I know that you can print to PDF on a Mac very easily, but it's the page setup that I can't complete. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: Qwerty_001

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

You even don't need to add special printer in Mac OS System preferences, the only one you need - add Custom paper size for large format output. Please read here about how-to:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac/large-format-PDF-files/m-p/3242544#M3412

Than create Named Page Setup(s) in your drawing(s) with this Custom paper size and use:

- Export to PDF from File menu

or - Batch publish to PDF (in batch publish dialog select Publish to: PDF)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost