AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling issues between publish and plot

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
twcox
428 Views, 7 Replies

Scaling issues between publish and plot

Hello everybody,

I've run into a strange issue and couldn't really find a solution anywhere online or in the forums (if there is and I've overlooked it, I apologize).  The issue at hand occurs when I try to plot a drawing and the scaling seems a bit off - about a 1/16" for every 1".  Everything within AutoCAD is set to Full Size, and the same goes for when I go to plot the drawing from Adobe Acrobat; nothing is being shrunk to fit.  Could AutoCAD be adding margins to my plot (.25 on sides and .67 on top/bottom which is defined by the plotter) and then Acrobat is doing the same thing, essentially doubling up my margins?

I'm using AutoCAD for Mac 2013 LT, Adobe Acrobat v10.1.9, and an HP Designjet 500.  All drivers and software are up to date as well.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: twcox

Hi,

Do you use Custom paper size or one if the predefined by plotter?

If you are using Custom paper size: did you set zero margins in it?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 8
twcox
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi Maxim

I am using a custom paper size even though Arch E1 shows up as an option.  When using the Arch E1 paper size, a good majority of the title block gets cut off and even if I try to center the plot, things get cut off.

My custom paper size is the same dimensions as an Arch E1 sheet - 30x42 with margins that are defined by the plotter, .25 on the left and right, .67 on top and bottom.  Should I try 0 for my margins?

Message 4 of 8
maxim_k

Yes, you should try to create custom paper size without margins, but with
dimensions exactly as your outer sheet border you want to print, then when
you send it to plotter, it will be centered inside physical paper margins.

Maxim

--
Thanks,
Maxim

Sent from my iPhone

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 8
twcox

Hey Maxim, 

I tried doing as mentioned, where I created a custom paper size with margins set at 0 and I am still getting scaling issues.  I'm at a complete loss at what to do.

Message 6 of 8
twcox

I came across this on Apple's Support Community and it looks like it's an HP/Apple issue with Mavericks.  Thanks for your help Maxim, it's much appreciated.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23637690#23637690

Message 7 of 8
maxim_k

I suspected this (HP/Apple issue with Mavericks), and now I see that the only one workaround is not to use Custom paper sizes. I had suggested opposite, an was incorrect. 😞

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 8
twcox

It looks like some people have been able to get the plots to come out correctly by oversizing before they send it to print.  Hopefully Apple or HP has something in the works to fix this but I'm not holding my breath.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost