AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right Click "Tracking"

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
811 Views, 7 Replies

Right Click "Tracking"

Hi All,

I have moved from Windows LT Version (2007) to Mac Version (2011). I used to be able to right click and choose "track" from any snap point to create another line or object at a determined distance. I can't seem to find that command anymore. Is there a new way of tracking an object/line off a snap point?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

William....

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi William,

Try Shift+Right click - it calls Osnap overrides context menu with "Temporary track point" item on the top:

Screen shot 2011-08-08 at 17.35.49.png

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

maxim,

how about shift+right click and hitting the "E" key for endpoint or "P" for perp??

this is sdantard behaviour in the win versions but i cannot get it to work in mac.

thx,

dan

Message 4 of 8
maxim_k

Hi dan,

@Anonymous wrote:

how about shift+right click and hitting the "E" key for endpoint or "P" for perp??

It is OS specific function: yes, on Windows it is standard behavior, but not in Mac OS. On Mac you can start typing first letter(s) of activated menu (OSNAP overrides in this case), while you type menu items highlighted, then you HAVE TO hit Return (Enter) to call highlighted item - once again: it is Mac OS specific. As you probably have noticed, no one of menu items in Mac OS have understocked letters in menus (as it is in Windows).

So if you want to call PERP osnap, you have to call OSNAP overrides (shift+right-click), then hit PE, then Return (Enter) to call PERP object snap.

HTH

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

maxim_k

It is not OS specific, OS X (Mac) will do this and hav been able to do this for years, they just don't underline or indicate the access key usually or lazy programmers don set any up.

see this addon for firefox that "by surrounding each access key with parentheses, like (t)his." from 2009: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/context-menu-keys-for-mac/

I know it is not autocad, but it IS an example of the function being used in a program under the OS X system. Firefox still supports this access key function to this day. Try it!

I stumbled on this by accident and it infuriates me even more that Autodesk is not taking the steps to support this Native AutoCAD Function.

Message 6 of 8
maxim_k

Hi dan,

I'm not 100% sure, but I think what you are wrong in this case.
This functionality (access menu items by pressing underlined character) doesn't exist on OS X. There's no concept of underlined characters in the menus for quick selection.

Let's ask about this "lazy programmers" from Adobe (Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, ....) or from Apple (Mac OSX, Pages, Numbers, Final Cut Pro, ...) or from Microsoft (Word for Mac, Excel for Mac, ...)

As about add-on you are referencing - it was written by "third parity" developer and he used a kind of "undocumented" feature of Firefox.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

this no longer seems to work after my moutnain lion upgrade - rather than the osnap menu, I get a small white circle at the cursor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost