AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

AutoCAD for Mac General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
maxim_k
Message 11 of 13 (1,864 Views)

Re: Recover sv$ (autosave) files

11-01-2012 10:36 PM in reply to: hofeller

hofeller wrote:

i've trued looking for the .sv$ files in the autosave file, in the ~tmp folder (after enabeling hidden files) but without any succes..

Hagay

If you are using AutoCAD 2012 or 2013 for Mac, then look for your sv$ files in "~/Documents/Autodesk/Autosave/" folder (Documents folder inside your home folder)

If you are using AC 2011, and there are no auto-saved files in "/private/tmp/" folder, then you loose them forever, because the contents of "/private/tmp/" folder erased on each system reboot.

Maxim

Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | MARSS

kathleenlucyann70
Message 12 of 13 (607 Views)

04-23-2014 10:34 AM in reply to: maxim_k

I have not logged out and I am on a university computer so i cannot show hidden files? how can i recover the file i was working on if i have saved before but not recently. when i open the file it does not recover it just goes to the old file. PC and 2014 edition

*Expert Elite*
maxim_k
Message 13 of 13 (603 Views)

04-23-2014 11:22 AM in reply to: dmCCAD
Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Although it is AC for Mac forum let me try:
What do you see in Recover manager?
When you are trying to open your damaged file - does AutoCAD asks about Recover?
Or you just not saved file before closing it?

Maxim
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | MARSS

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.