AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raster Image Printer for Mac

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cherise.robb
632 Views, 1 Reply

Raster Image Printer for Mac

In the PC version of AutoCAD you are able to set up a Raster Image Printer, uncompressed TIFF, for converting drawings to pixels (suitable for rendering in programs like Adobe Photoshop).

I am not able to find the Plotter Manager for the Mac version. When I type at the command line: plottermanager I receive an "unknown command" error. I tried finding the plotter settings under "Preferences" but all I can find is the pen plot styles. What am I missing?

Is this something that I can only do on a PC? I do not like the raster quality of a PDF file, much preferring the TIFF image printer. I also do not care for TIFFOUT or JPGOUT commands. Where do I find this plotter wizard? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: cherise.robb

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

Plotter manager is not a feature in AutoCAD for Mac. The entire printing process is completely different on Mac: AutoCAD for Mac uses OS X printing engine for print/plot, you can only save to PDF from AutoCAD for Mac and then convert PDF to TIFF (or other raster format) in additional application, for example Preview.app
BTW - you can open PDF file directly in Photoshop and fine-tune everything you need at the moment when you open PDF:

Screen Shot 2014-11-05 at 05.44.23.png

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost