AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raster image attachments: half of image corrupts when plotting to PDF or printer

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
alfisk
2213 Views, 6 Replies

Raster image attachments: half of image corrupts when plotting to PDF or printer

Several people in our office have been having issues with attaching and plotting raster images.  They display properly, but when they are plotted (to either printer or to PDF), the bottom half of some of the images turns into a black or grey block, or part of the image jumbles into a colored mess, etc.  Attached is a sample of this problem-- you can see the two color images on the right drop off.  The greyscale image on the left previously had this problem, but was "fixed" by resaving the image from JPEG to GIF.  Unfortunately, this workaround hasn't worked for the two images on the right (which were previously fine.)

I've tried saving these into diffrent formats, saving them as a lower resolution, changing between full and relative paths, and I can't seem to come up with anything that works.  

Please let me know if you know of a solution, or if you have other suggestions for workarounds.

Running:

AutoCAD for Mac 2013

Mac Mini, OSX 10.8.3

2.6GHx Inter Core i7 

16GB Memory

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: alfisk

Yes, it is knowing bug (defect) in AC for Mac. I also sometimes have such results, especially if raster images clipped in the drawing after insertion.

I have not found workaround for this issue.... Smiley Sad

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 7
alfisk

These images are inserted right into paper space, with no clipping.

I am really, really hoping there is a workaround other than "assemble the PDF with a different software."  Makes assembling a set a really big pain.

Message 4 of 7
thaisa01

Hi There,

I am having exactly the same issue and I have tried to save the image in different formats and nothing worked.

Does anyone have the same situaton and found a solution?

I can see that people have posted about it 2 years ago so I hope in this meantime somene have worked it out.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: thaisa01

Hi,

I didn't have this issue with my current drawings, but maybe it is not fixed still for some specific cases. Could you attach your problem drawing along with the raster image(s)?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 7
alfisk
in reply to: maxim_k

I eventually discovered it was an issue with resizing & cropping the image when I was plotting. When I inserted the image at scale 100%, it didn't give me this issue. Also, it only happened with images in portrait orientation. Curious. Not sure if it still does it or not, I haven't needed to attach any images to drawings since then.

Andrea Fisk
MADE
141 Beard Street
Building 12B
Brooklyn, NY 11231
p 718.834.0171
c 201.851.0990
www.made-nyc.com
follow us on Instagram
Message 7 of 7
maxim_k

>>>it was an issue with resizing & cropping the image when I was plotting.
>>>Also, it only happened with images in portrait orientation

This sound correct for me too. I need to test this again, maybe the issue still is not fixed....

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost