AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"ghost" of images left by mouse

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
774 Views, 2 Replies

"ghost" of images left by mouse

I have installed all of the updates and re-installed countless times.  The mouse is leaving "trails" of itself across the autocad screen.  It can be seen in the NSEW box in the rop right where the image really holds for a while  Regen will get rid of it sometimes but it happens EVERY time the mouse moves.  I asked the genius people at an Apple store and they said it was a software issue, and that my hardware checked out perfectly fine.  I can run Adobe Creative Suite perfectly, as well as sketchup, Vray, Rhino, without a single problem.  This seems to be specifically an issue with Autocad.

Picture 39.png

DRIVING ME CRRAAZZZYY  PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Machine specs:

2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

4GB 668 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Mac OS X Version 10.5.8

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

1. Your hardware looks rather OLD (4GB 668 MHz DDR2 SDRAM). What model do you have?

2. Mac OS X Version 10.5.8 - although Autodesk supports AutoCAD for Mac on Leopard, but I'd recommend you to switch to Snow Leopard (10.6)

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Maxim,

MacBook Pro 15" model from 2007

I understand your concern with the hardware being old, but 4gb RAM and a 2.33 GHz Intel isn't exactly the BOTTOM of the barrel.  I have a few friends in studio running on machines from the same time, same hardware/software.  And even some running on MacBooks.  I had my Logic board replaced this past winter and that is when I showed them (apple genius people) my problem and they diagnosed it as a software issue.  I can run Rhino perfectly fine?  And that is WAY more beefy of a program.  Only a few people in my studio are running Cad on Snow Leopard.  I will probably just upgrade to Lion, Snow Leopard will be obsolete in a few weeks.

My gut still tells me this is a software issue.

-Craig

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost