AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEMS WITH AUTOCAD 2013 MACBOOK PRO RETINA 15'

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3205 Views, 3 Replies

PROBLEMS WITH AUTOCAD 2013 MACBOOK PRO RETINA 15'

Hi, I'm a student of Italian architecture. I have serious problems with Autocad 2013 student version on my mac. He 's gone three times in assistance without understanding what the problem was, I read in this forum of people who own mac with constant flickering and graphics problems and only now I realize that it may be because of your program. I can not help but use it but at the same time after having spent so much money to buy a Macbook Pro 15 Retina 'I find myself having less than a year after a computer unusable and slow. What is the solution and why the mac is not compatible with a program apparently created for him? I really hope to solve because without Autocad my studies are really compromised.
thanks
Giulia

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
aveljovic
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there, 

I too am a student using AutoCAD Mac 2014 and had a similar issue with my Late 2013 15inch MacBook Retina, where the graphics flicker when I hover the dock. It distorted the icons when zoomed over the dock applications. I don't know if that's happened to you but I just reinstalled the program and it fixed the issue. 

Hope that helps you, 

Aljosa

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: aveljovic

I have recently started noticing a considerable graphics problem as you have described regarding this topic.  I thought at first I had a problem with the hardware. This is a brand new MacBook Pro Retina I just purchased in June of 2014.  I contacted Apple and they suggested I take it to an authorized service center.  Apple believed that it was a video ram problem.  Apple did a number of test on it and said the hardware checked out fine and that it was a software issue.  They had to wipe my drive and reinstall the OS from scratch and charge me $85.00 service fee due to the software problem was my fault according to Apple.  So I had to reinstall all my apps.  As I installed my apps back I tested the Mac completely as I installed them.  As I installed them I also created a Time Machine Backup after each app install.  My last program to install was AutoCAD.  It ran fine at the beginning.  Strarted experimenting with a few drawings and everything seemed fine.  Then the next day AutoCAD 360 said there was an update.  I told it to install the update.  Thats when everything went bad.  After that update the graphic problem came back distorting as you scrolled, my icons would distort as you scrolled and it seemed like it slowed down and I noticed my battery dropping quicker.  Well I though hey I found my problem and I did Autocad.  I uninstalled Autocad but the problem remained.  Even used an app cleaner that was given to my by the Apple service center to remove apps didn't remove it.  I had to do a complete reinstall of the system from the Time Machine to prior when I first installed Autocad and now I'm fixed.  Just can't run autocad.  So the only way I have been able to fix the problem is to do a system restore prior to my Autocad installation.  

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Look, I solved by making a partition with bootcamp and installing autocad for windows partition. is a very tedious process but I had no other choice. assistance unfortunately does not help us! if the answer autodesk us maybe we can solve!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost