AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem With Printing To HP Designjet 800

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
waragainstsleep
3381 Views, 5 Replies

Problem With Printing To HP Designjet 800

Hi there,

please forgive my ignorance but I 'm posting here on someone else's behalf. I am not an Autocad user or a CAD user so soem of the specific terminology is lost on me. I am however an IT pro so don't feel you have to treat me like an idiot.

I have have a colleague using Autocad Mac 2011 on a Mac Pro (2010) with great spec. It all works fine except when he tries to print to his HP Designjet 800. The printer or rather its drivers seem intent on shifting the image on the canvas.

In Autocad, everything appears fine with correct bordering etc. When you print to PDF or print on paper, the image is off centre, often cutting off the right hand and bottom borders completely.

If you highlight within the borders and use 'print from selection' it has no effect. Changing the paper size seems to make no difference either. We have tried A1, oversize A1 and even setup our own A1 with no effect.

I have tried every version of the HP driver I can find including the latest Snow Leopard raster driver but this makes no difference either. Does anyone have any ideas please? This expensive plotter is effectively useless at the moment.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Following installing the latest update I had a similar problem printing to PDF. I was asked by Autodesk to reset all the printers available by doing the following:

go to the Mac “System Preferences” and open the “Print & Fax”, right-click and choose “Reset printing system…”.  It removes the printers, then you need to re-add them. 

I would try this first and see if it helps. It worked for me.

Message 3 of 6
ccote15
in reply to: waragainstsleep

I know it's been a while since the original post  but I'm wondering if you've found a resolution to this problem?  I just started using AutoCad LT 2012 for Mac and I'm having the exact same problem.  

Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: ccote15

Hi,

Have you tried to create custom paper size without margins (non-printable area = 0) and check-mark "Center on page" in Page setup dialog? Also don't forget to check portret /landscape orientation

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 6
samuel
in reply to: maxim_k

We have been trying to print a drawing set, from an iMac (2010) to the HP design jet 800 (networked). All angular lines, curves, SHX, and fonts print out in poor quality, basically, all curves and lines are converted to a series of small steps. this file is not very large (600kb). Small hatches tend to bleed out of their boundaries a few millimetres. The most serious problem is that we use dimension styles with filled-in arrows. On printing this, the arrowhead points outside of the leader line. we have this issue with any inkjet printer. 

Attached is a jpg with all these problems as they print out.

Message 6 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: samuel

Hi,

Could you try to save as PDF one of your drawing files from Print dialog in AutoCAD with DesignJet 800 as current print device?

Open PDF in Preview and look: are the results the same, as you get when printing to physical device?

Look at my results (PDF output with DesignJet 450 plotter)

EDIT: also check:

1/ current print quality settings in plotter setup for "series of small steps" problem

2/ the relationship between output scale and lineweight settings for "arrowhead and hatches" problem

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost